Makeup by Mario Light Medium Soft Sculpt BronzerMakeup by Mario Light Medium Soft Sculpt Bronzer ($28.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a light-medium brown with muted, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had nearly opaque color payoff in a single layer, so it had to be used with a lighter hand to achieve the buildable coverage marketed.
The texture was silky, finely-milled, and smooth, though somewhat powdery in the pan, so using a lighter hand worked better to ensure it didn’t get too messy in the pan. The bronzer applied evenly to bare skin and blended out without issue, both on bare skin as well as on top of foundation. It lasted well for eight hours before fading noticeably on my skin.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Warm Brown (21) (P, $38.00) is darker (95% similar).
- LYS Beauty Motivate (P, $18.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil (P, $30.00) is darker (95% similar).
- NARS Laguna (LE, $40.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- Dior Soft Bronze (03) (P, $48.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Chanel Original (P, $50.00) is more shimmery, warmer, glossier (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lightgasm Bronze (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Kaja Homemade Waffle (PiP, ) is lighter, glossier (90% similar).
$28.00/0.42 oz. - $66.67 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "soft, smooth" consistency that delivers "buildable" coverage. It has a very smooth, finely-milled feel with light powderiness in the pan, but it wasn't enough to be messy or difficult to pick up evenly. The finish was very matte to the point where it was a little flat against the skin and tended to absorb any luminosity from bare skin or base products.
This type of texture has not worked well for me in the past, but I didn't have issues with this one, thankfully! The powder applied evenly to bare skin, blended out well, and didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture. They had medium to semi-opaque, buildable color payoff that lasted around eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our Makeup by Mario Soft Sculpt Bronzer swatches.
Talc, Mica, Dimethicone, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Laureth-23, Nylon-12, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Laureth-4, Salicylic Acid, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract [Vitis Vinifera Extract], May Contain/Peut Contenir (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.