Make Up For Ever Look: #21 Turquoise Aqua Cream
You know what’s frustrating? When you do your makeup, think it’s rockin’, and then you see it in close-up photos and can’t figure out why it didn’t translate! But anyway, it’s all part of the journey–the learning, that is–so why not share it with you despite some imperfections?
How’s your Monday going? I really love Mondays, but today feels a little slow–normally so many things are happening on Monday for me!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Benefit Stay Don’t Stray (neutral base), Make Up For Ever #21 Turquoise Aqua Cream (turquoise), Make Up For Ever #101 Eyeshadow (white-gold), Make Up For Ever #171 Eyeshadow (shimmery chartreuse), Make Up For Ever #93 Eyeshadow (green-turquoise), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (dark blue), Make Up For Ever #7L Aqua Eyes Liner (electric blue), Lancome Noir Artliner (black), MAC Opulash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Peach Aqua Cream (peach-pink)
- Lips: MAC Beachbound Lipstick (sheer melon), MAC Flurry of Fun Lipglass (sheer tangerine)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush)
- Substitutes: Beachbound = Melon pigment; Flurry of Fun = Love Nectar + Reflects Transparent Teal
For eyes, start by applying Stay Don’t Stray as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 249, apply #21 Turquoise aqua cream all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply #101 eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid. Next, apply #171 eyeshadow on the middle third of the lid. With the 239, apply #93 eyeshadow to the outer third of the lid and brush into outer crease. Define the crease by applying #159 eyeshadow with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. With the 239, apply #93 eyeshadow into the crease directly and then blended towards the outer corner and lid. Blend #101 eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone, then light overlay the edge of the faded crease area with #171 eyeshadow. Bring everything together by applying #7L eyeliner on the lower lash line and #171 eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Opulash mascara.
For cheeks, apply #5 Peach aqua cream on the apples and upper cheekbones with a stippling brush.
For lips, apply Beachbound lipstick first, and then layer Flurry of Fun lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!