MAC To the Beach Look: Gold & Green
I had ten minutes to do my makeup from start to finish, and this is what I ended up with! I’m pretty satisfied with the results — I went with a combo that I’m sure I’ve done before, but I used some of the newer MAC To the Beach shades. As suspected, though, Get-Away Bronze looks better in person than in photographs! Also, a note to those who own Going Bananas eyeshadow–use that instead of the Nylon/Bright Sunshine combo I did–’cause that’s really all I was trying to dupe!
The whole look felt so summery, despite the weather being all gloom and doom this afternoon, but I always seem to enjoy more summer-inspired looks myself. Maybe ’cause they’re warmer! (By the way, what’s up Bay Area weather? It was beautiful this morning… rainy this afternoon!)
P.S. — Thanks for all the Mellan love! He’s been strutting around the house all day saying what a stud he is. Anyway, it’s nice to know that I can share some of the bajillion photos I take of him with all of you from time to time 🙂
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Urban Decay Eden Primer Potion (neutral base), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (white-gold), MAC Bright Sunshine Eyeshadow (shimmering yellow), MAC Sweet & Punchy EyeshadowMAC Humid Eyeshadow (yellowed chartreuse), (dark green), MAC Rosemary & Thyme Eye Kohl (olive green), Fresh Supernova Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Get-Away Bronze Blush (frosty bronze)
- Lips: MAC Thrills Lipstick (copper rose), MAC Flurry of Fun Lipglass (sheer tangerine)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Sweet & Punchy = Sour Lemon; Get-Away Bronze = Format; Thrills = La Prairie Rose Bronze; Flurry of Fun = Love Nectar + Reflects Transparent Teal
For eyes, start by applying Eden primer potion as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. Using the 239, apply Nylon eyeshadow on the inner third of the lid, and then overlay with Bright Sunshine eyeshadow to give a pale yellow effect. Next, apply Sweet & Punchy eyeshadow with the 239 to the outer two-thirds of the lid. With the 226, apply Humid eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. Blend Nylon eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Rosemary & Thyme eye kohl on the lower lash line. Finish by sweeping lashes with Supernova mascara.
For cheeks, apply Get-Away Bronze blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Thrills lipstick first, and then layer Flurry of Fun lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!