LYS Beauty Motivate No Limits Matte BronzerLYS Beauty Motivate No Limits Matte Bronzer ($18.00 for 0.23 oz.) is a light brown with subtle, warm golden undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation with a soft, lightly powdery texture that felt smooth and more substantial but a touch drier. The coverage was supposed to be “ultra-buildable,” but you’d have to use a lighter hand to really have it perform that way.
The product applied evenly to bare skin and blended out easily on bare skin as well as over foundation. I was worried it would look drier on my skin, but it sat well and didn’t emphasize skin texture. This shade stayed on well for eight hours before showing signs of fading.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kaja Homemade Waffle (PiP, ) is glossier (95% similar).
- Hourglass Eternal Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $70.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Light Medium (P, $28.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Sephora Los Cabos (P, $17.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Bon Voyage (P, $8.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Milani Sun Light (01) (P, $9.99) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Beige-ing Beauty (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Inda Sun (P, $30.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$18.00/0.23 oz. - $78.26 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "ultra-buildable" and be "easy-to-blend." They were more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation, though the softer consistency made it possible to pick up less product for an "ultra-buildable" application if desired. The texture felt velvety and finely-milled in the pan, but there was a little dryness, too. There was a bit of excess powder kicked up in the pan.
They applied better than anticipated, as the formula seemed to soften on my skin and did not appear dry. Most of the shades applied well over bare skin as well as over foundation, but I noticed the deeper shades were more blendable over a more matte finish, though, whether that meant matte foundation or over a setting powder, as they sometimes darkened or applied heavily to one area and did not blend out as readily from there. The bronzers wore well for eight hours on me overall.
Browse all of our LYS Beauty No Limits Matte Bronzer swatches.
Mica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Stearate, Triethylhexanoin, Octyldodecanol, Isononylisononanoate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Niacinamide, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aqua/Water/Eau, Propylene Glycol. May Contain [+/-]: Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci77492, Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Ultramarines (Ci 77007), Red 6 (Ci 15850).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.