About this Look
What a surprise to create a pretty and wearable metallic eye look from an inexpensive palette from Primark!
A couple of years ago, I took a risk and purchased the Underground Eye Shadow Palette from Primark because the colors were so deep, dark and grungy, colors I like and the price was cheap, and I thought, “Why not?” So while in confinement, I decided to pull out my odd palettes, the forgotten ones, and have some fun! And I’m very pleased with the results and hope you are as well!
As usual my main focus in this look are the eyes. However, FYI: I prepped my skin with moisturizing cream by Origins, primed my face with Kiko Smart Radiance Cream 3n1, and used Kiko Skin Tone Foundation in Neutral 50. I did my brows with a Avène Couvrance pencil in Brown (Brun) and applied Nars Tinted Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base in Medium. I also topped my cheeks with Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, Hema Shimmering Blush in "Coral Crush" (56) and contoured with the Benefit Bronzer "Hoola". Guerlain Kiss Kiss Strauss in "Beige Mousseline" was used as the base lipstick and Kiko Smart Fusion Lipstick in a pale color n°401 topped it off.
As for the eye look, I mostly used the Primark Underground Eye Shadow Palette:
- a dark metallic green eyeshadow "Spectrum" was placed on the outer 1/3 of the lid
- a beautiful, pale metallic blue eyeshadow "Azure" was placed on the rest of the lid and blended into "Spectrum"
- a dark grey metallic eyeshadow "Electra" was used for the entire crease to lower brow area
- "Infinity", an icy taupe metallic color was place over "Electra" on the outer brow area under the brow (Note: on the lid "Infinity" looks whiter than in the palette)
- Since there wasn't a light matte shade, I used Too Face White Peach "Peach Cream" on the inner underbrow area and "Peach Ice" to transition from "Peach Cream" to "Infinity".
- Eyeliner is almost always eye shadow for me, so I used a unique black-green glitter color in the Underground palette called "Adventure" from the outer corner to almost the inner corner entirely on the top lashline and from the outer corner to 2/3 of the lid on the bottom lashline, blending "Spectrum" the rest of the way to the almost the inner eye corner.
- I highlighted the inner eye corners with Underground's "Milky Way", but felt it needed a lttle more white icy pop, so I added "Platinum" from Models Own Colour Chrome Eyeshadow Palette.
The eye look is more blue than green looking as all of the colors (except "Adventure") had a bluish base. And the eye look is a little more vibrant blue-grey than the pictures reveal. There was a little bit of fallout, in particular with "Adventure", but controllable if you place powder under the eyes or use shields. Again, very pleasantly surprised by the color pay off of this Primark palette! And no irritation after six hours of wear, plus the colors held a long time and didn't crease.