ILIA Drawn In NightLite Bronzing Powder ($34.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a light brown with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer, and it needed to be used with a fairly light hand (and possibly a less-dense brush) for more buildable coverage, which was how it was marketed.
The texture felt smooth, silky, and wasn’t powdery, so it sat well on bare skin, but it was harder to blend out if skin was remotely emollient. I don’t have oily skin, but the natural oils on my skin made spreading and diffusing the product more challenging. I would recommend applying it over a drier base, whether just-set foundation or a matte primer. It wore well for eight hours before fading visibly on my skin.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kosas Light (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Nude Bronze Light (P, $52.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Hourglass Eternal Bronze Light (LE, $52.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $70.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Medium (2) (P, $55.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Lightgasm Bronze (LE, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Beige-ing Beauty (LE, $32.00) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Opening Act (LE, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Vallarta (P, $38.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
$34.00/0.42 oz. - $80.95 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to be "super creamy" with a "luminous finish" with intensity that you can "dial up" for more color. I wouldn't describe the formula as buildable; it was quite pigmented where a little went a long way, so you would want to use a lighter hand, especially if you wanted more buildable coverage out of this formula.
The texture was soft, smooth, and fairly blendable without being too powdery nor too firmly pressed into the pan. It wasn't as blendable over bare skin as I would have liked, but I didn't have any issues blending it out over matte or set foundation. It is not completely unexpected that a more-matte finish didn't blend as readily over bare skin, but it was an area it could have performed better in. The formula lasted eight to nine hours on me before fading visibly.
Browse all of our ILIA NightLite Bronzing Powder swatches.
Mica, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ethyl Macadamiate, Tocopherol, Malic Acid. May Contain/Peut Contenir (±): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).