Guerlain Ultra Shine Terracotta Ultra Bronzing Powder ($61.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a medium, golden brown with warm undertones and a fine, golden pearl. It had sheer coverage, which was buildable to medium coverage. It’s a new, limited edition powder bronzer that’s supposed to have “fine mother-of-pearl” in it that “imitates the dazzling light of skin that has been left silky by the sun.” The consistency was soft but powdery, and I suspect that the texture played a role in the pigmentation of the product.
For someone with a fair to light-medium skin tone, I think it would work well as a warm, golden bronzer but would get lost on other skin tones (Guerlain’s Terracotta range does have one of the wider shade ranges for bronzers, so look there if you are deeper!). If you’ve sensitive to scents or prefer your powders unscented, this might not be for me, as the powder is heavily scented with “freesia and orange blossom notes” that are “blended into tonka bean and vanilla notes.” I did not feel like the texture of the bronzer as as finely-milled or as smooth as past iterations in the Terracotta range, though it did blend out easily and sat well on the skin. The bronzer stayed on well for seven and a half hours before fading.
- ColourPop Paradise Cove (P, $8.00) is more shimmery (95% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #25I (P, $36.00) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Too Faced Spice (LE, ) is more shimmery, brighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sun Bunny (Right) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Delicates (LE, $35.50) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Tarte Park Ave Princess (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Too Faced Sun Bunny #2 (PiP, ) is warmer (90% similar).
- Tarte Carat (PiP, ) is more shimmery (90% similar).
- Make Up For Ever #20M (P, $36.00) is darker (90% similar).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is lighter, more muted (90% similar).