Gucci Beauty Dark (05) Soleil Bronzing Powder ($62.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a deep, reddish-brown with subtle, warm undertones and a semi-matte finish. It had rich pigmentation in a single layer, which was more coverage than marketed by the brand, but I expect that it’s not a deal-breaker for most.
It had a more forgiving consistency, so it was easy enough to use with a lighter hand to achieve true, buildable application of color. The texture felt silky-smooth to the touch, finely-milled without being powdery nor too firmly-pressed into the pan. The product applied beautifully to bare skin and diffused with ease along the edges. This shade lasted nicely for nine hours before fading noticeably.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Kosas Deep (P, $34.00) is more shimmery, darker (95% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Mocha Mami (P, $30.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Bits and Pieces (P, $8.00) is lighter, cooler (95% similar).
- Jouer Sungaze (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter (95% similar).
- Jouer Sunglow (PiP, ) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Deep (4) (P, $55.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Rodeo Drive (P, $8.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Unleashed (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- NARS Falaises (LE, $40.00) is less shimmery, lighter, warmer (80% similar).
- NABLA Cosmetics Profile (P, $26.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$62.00/0.42 oz. - $147.62 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "creamy" texture that is "buildable and feels comfortable all day" that "blends effortlessly" with a "healthy-looking glow." They disclosed that it is a scented powder--it has a floral scent to my nose, noticeable enough when the compact is open and for a couple of hours after initial application.
There are five shades in the range, though the first two shades are rosier, while the next three are warmer/more golden; while they may seem like they go in order from light to dark, 02 is darker than 03 (the rest are in order). The texture was very soft, finely-milled, and silky to the touch with a bit of a glide to it, without being overly dense nor too powdery in the pan. This resulted in an easy product to apply as the powder went on evenly and diffused well along the edges with minimal effort.
I wouldn't describe the pigmentation was buildable, though. I think you can use a lighter hand and pick up less product for a more buildable application of color, but the product itself was more semi-opaque to opaque in pigmentation. They seemed to have very, very fine pearl through most of the shades (one had more noticeable micro-sparkle, which gave them a more semi-matte to satin finish when applied and blended out on the skin. The formula lasted eight to nine hours on me before showing signs of wear.
Browse all of our Gucci Beauty Soleil Bronzing Powder swatches.
Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, C30-45 Alkyl Dimethicone, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Sorbitan Isostearate, C20-24 Alkyl Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Parfum/Fragrance, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, C20-24 Olefin, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Alumina, Limonene, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Linalool, Glycerin, Zinc Stearate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Geraniol, Citral, Mica, Citric Acid, Tin Oxide, [May Contain/Peut Contenir/+/-:Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891)].