elf Tan Lines Putty Bronzer Review & Swatches
elf Tan Lines Putty Bronzer ($7.00 for 0.35 oz.) is a light brown with subtle, warm rosy undertones and a semi-matte finish (once dried down).
- Medium to opaque, buildable color coverage
- Lightweight, thin, and emollient feel (like a typical cream bronzer)
- Dried down to a more velvety, putty-like texture, then finally mostly matte
- Applied evenly with fingertips or a synthetic brush, wasn’t prone to lifting up base products
- Long-wearing (8.5 hours)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Iconic London Sun Kiss (P, $27.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Dior Tan Bronze (04) (P, $48.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- ILIA Drawn In (P, $34.00) is darker (95% similar).
- LYS Beauty Motivate (P, $18.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- ColourPop Opening Act (LE, $8.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Estee Lauder Saffron Sun (LE, $65.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Kaja Homemade Waffle (PiP, ) is warmer (95% similar).
- Salt New York Light (P, $16.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- Milani Sun Light (01) (P, $9.99) is warmer (90% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Cool Brown (20) (P, $38.00) is cooler (90% similar).
$7.00/0.35 oz. - $20.00 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have "highly pigmented, buildable color" that gives a "natural, sun-kissed glow" that goes from "putty-to-powder" with a "semi-matte finish." The shades had buildable coverage from semi-sheer to medium to fully opaque, though it was fairly opaque when iniitally applied--it was just very blendable to the point where it was better built up in layers. I'd recommend letting each layer dry down before adding another on top for more opacity, though.
The texture was lightweight, emollient, and like a gel-cream--spreadable without being too thick or too thin. I liked patting it on top of my skin using fingertips, but a synthetic brush also worked. I didn't have issues with it lifting up base products, thankfully. The formula turned more velvety as it dried down and did leave a more semi-matte finish behind after about 15-20 seconds.
Most shades lasted around eight to eight and a half hours on me before showing signs of fading on me.
Browse all of our elf Putty Bronzer swatches.
Phenyl Trimethicone, Silica, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Microcrystalline Wax (Cera Microcristallina), Phenoxyethanol, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin Red Iron Oxide (Ci 77491), Yellow Iron Oxide (Ci 77492), Black Iron Oxide (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200)
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
This looks like such a nice everyday bronzer.