elf Tan/Deep Halo Glow Contour Beauty Wand Review & Swatches
elf Tan-Deep Halo Glow Contour Beauty Wand ($9.00 for 0.33 oz.) is a dark brown with neutral-to-cool undertones paired with a soft, lightly dewy sheen.
- Medium, buildable coverage (to semi-opaque)
- Gel-cream consistency, very spreadable
- Applied evenly and blended out well on bare skin & over foundation
- Long-wearing (8 hours before fading noticeably)
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- MAC Richer Golden (P, $35.00) is lighter (95% similar).
- Pat McGrath Bronze Mahogany (P, $39.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Benefit Hoola Toasted (P, $30.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- NARS Laguna 05 (P, $38.00) is darker, cooler (95% similar).
- Dior Deep Bronze (08) (P, $48.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Richer Rosy (P, $35.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- ColourPop Summer 4Ever (P, $8.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Rich Rosy (P, $35.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- L'Oreal Deep Dark (P, $15.99) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Thick Mint (P, $30.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
$9.00/0.33 oz. - $27.27 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a "buildable" formula that yields a "radiant, naturally sculpted complexion." The consistency was lightweight, spreadable, and felt like a gel-cream texture that had an emollience to it but spread without lifting up base products. I had no trouble blending out the product using a fingertip or a brush, and it worked well over bare skin as well as on top of foundation.
It was quite spreadable, so while it might have seemed more semi-opaque coverage initially, it was semi-sheer to medium in practice and did require layering to build to more medium coverage. This formula lasted well for eight hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our elf Halo Glow Contour Beauty Wand swatches.
Water (Aqua), Hydrogenated Didecene, Isododecane, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Mica, Squalane, Isoamyl Laurate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Synthetic Sapphire, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hydrolyzed Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium EDTA, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminum Hydroxide, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-di-t-butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.
Thank goodness for a product that performs as it should!
Even though this shade is probably a little too deep for me, the tone is SPOT ON! So, perhaps if I use a light hand with a stippling brush, I could make this work.
It’s really good to see an excellent product from a DS brand, as so many beauty products lately have been pretty ordinary.