Amber Bronze (06)
Dior Amber Bronze (06) Dior Forever Natural Bronze ($48.00 for 0.31 oz.) is a muted, medium brown with neutral-to-warm undertones and a matte finish. It had semi-opaque, buildable pigmentation, which could be applied with a lighter hand or diffused more for a sheerer effect with ease.
The powder had a smooth, more velvety consistency–very finely-milled but still substantial–so it picked up well with a slew of brushes and blended out beautifully on my skin, whether it was bare or had foundation on it (set or unset!). It wore nicely for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tan-tastic (P, $49.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Urban Decay Jawbone (LE, $26.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Tantalize (106) (P, $49.00) is warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze (Original) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- NARS Seaside (LE, $40.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moonlit Violet Sculpt (LE, ) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- bareMinerals Faux Tan Matte (LE, ) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- ColourPop Talk to the Palm (P, $8.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- NARS Casino (LE, $40.00) is lighter, warmer (85% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty The Afternooner (Bronzer) (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (85% similar).
$48.00/0.31 oz. - $154.84 Per Ounce
It is supposed to be a powder brush that is long-wearing and "blends seamlessly" to yield a "natural healthy glow." They had semi-opaque to opaque, buildable color coverage with a particularly smooth, velvety consistency that looked almost cream-like applied to skin, yet was slightly powdery in the pan. The product applied beautifully to bare skin as well as over foundation and was particularly easy to blend out.
The bronzers had a slightly denser consistency, but they were yielding, which ensured a variety of brushes could be used to pick up product--fan brushes to dense, large bronzing brushes--for different levels of coverage or application methods. Applied, the blended bronzer looked like a natural matte: no visible shimmer or shine, but it wasn't flat or dry, and it didn't emphasize my skin's natural texture (e.g. dryness/flakiness). The formula lasted nicely for eight hours on me before showing signs of fading.
Browse all of our Dior Dior Forever Natural Bronze swatches.
#15676 SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE ● C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE ● SILICA ● BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER ● SORBITAN ISOSTEARATE ● C20-24 ALKYL DIMETHICONE ● CAPRYLYL GLYCOL ● PRUNUS ARMENIACA (APRICOT) KERNEL OIL ● ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN ● PARFUM (FRAGRANCE) ● PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE ● POLYMETHYLSILSESQUIOXANE ● C20-24 OLEFIN ● ALUMINA ● GLYCERIN ● AQUA (WATER) ● TOCOPHEROL ● ZINC STEARATE ● BUTYLENE GLYCOL ● HYDROLYZED VIOLA TRICOLOR EXTRACT ● ROSA MULTIFLORA FRUIT EXTRACT ● 1,2-HEXANEDIOL ● STEARIC ACID ● [+/- : CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES) ● CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE]
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer) at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable to the product you're purchasing, or the brand or retailer's website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.