Colour Pop Coconut Beach Pressed Powder Bronzer ($8.00 for 0.25 oz.) is a muted, light-medium brown with subtle, warm undertones and a matte finish. It had opaque pigmentation in a single layer with a very, very powdery texture, so one small tap of the brush yielded excess product on the surface of the product. I’d actually recommend using a slightly fluffier brush with this and a gentle handle, as I find denser brushes pick up an excessive amount of product.
The powder applied evenly and blended out well as long as I didn’t have too much product to start with, but if I used a regular blush or bronzer brush and dipped in, then applied, it was hard to really diffuse and soften the edges. It wore well for eight hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- NARS Laguna (P, $38.00) is warmer (95% similar).
- MAC Acoustica (LE, $28.00) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $110.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Bronze (P, $14.99) is more shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Estee Lauder Saffron Sun (LE, $65.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Laura Mercier Bronze (01) (P, $40.00) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Charlotte Tilbury Gorgeous Glowing Beauty #4 (LE, ) is more shimmery, lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Colour Pop Wild Card (LE, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Kevyn Aucoin Desert Days (P, $48.00) is lighter, warmer (90% similar).
- Viseart Ablaze (Bronzer) (PiP, ) is more shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
$8.00/0.25 oz. - $32.00 Per Ounce
ColourPop's Pressed Powder Bronzer is supposed to have a "super velvety-soft" feel that yields a "natural tanned glow." There was no mention of coverage, but the brand's promotional swatches showed full coverage. The bronzers had a soft, silky texture that was slightly powdery in the pan but tended to apply with ease, blended out nicely, and sat well on the skin. The majority of the shades seemed to have a semi-matte to satin finish, which helped them glide on and appear more natural (in finish) on the skin. The wear ranged from eight to eight and a half hours on me.
Browse all of our Colour Pop Pressed Powder Bronzer swatches.