Colorful Makeup: Green, Teal, & Blue
I envisioned a green, teal, and blue combination, and I really went from there for this look. I’m also trying to work on using permanent or recently released products in my looks, so, even though it was unplanned and totally coincidental, this look is very much like the theme of Build-a-Quad: “The Tropics.”
Happy Monday! I usually love Mondays, but it’s my first day back at school since I’ve been on winter break for the past two weeks… sigh. It’s so hard to get back into the swing of things, you know? Boo school!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Teal Pigment (teal base), MAC Juxt Eyeshadow (soft spring-y green), MAC Shimmermoss Eyeshadow (teal), MAC Freshwater Eyeshadow (blue), MAC Deep Truth Eyeshadow (dark blue), MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow (green-toned gold), MAC Femme-fi Eyeshadow (neutral highlighter), Urban Decay El Dorado 24/7 Liner (gold), Chanel Exceptionnel Mascara (black)
- Face: Kiehl’s Tinted Moisturizer (medium)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Powder (peachy-pink)
- Lips: MAC Freckletone Lipstick (peach-toned nude), NARS Orgasm Lipgloss (sheer peachy-pink shimmer)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 217 (fluffy blending brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom
For eyes, start by putting a drop of water-based mixing medium (or water) on your brush, then apply Teal pigment as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Juxt eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Shimmermoss eyeeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Freshwater eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Deep Truth eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. With the 217, gently apply Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow above the innerlid and towards the brow bone. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Femme-fi eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying El Dorado Liner on the lower lash line and sweeping lashes with Exceptionnel mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Freckletone lipstick first, and then layer Orgasm lipgloss for a glossy lip look.
Check out more photos!
Freshwater, Shimmermoss, Juxt, Gorgeous Gold