Benefit Velvet Eyeshadows for Superior Use & Value
Benefit Velvet Eyeshadow ($18.00 for 0.11 oz.) are velvety, silky-soft eyeshadows with smooth color that go on effortlessly and blend seamlessly. Seriously, I absolutely fell head-over-heels in love with these from the moment I swatched them on my skin. They’re ridiculously soft and exactly as they’re named–velvety. There’s little else that is as suitable to describe it as like velvet. I find that these also blend really easily both within the Benefit brand but with other brands’ shadows, too (always a plus).
Benefit currently has ten shades of their velvet eyeshadow available: Bikini Line (desert sand), Fawn Over Me (cafe au lait), Leggy (pink nude satin), Buckle Bunny (rosa mocha), Rich Beach (brown sugar), Where There’s Smoke (smoky pewter), Dandy Brandy (copper spice), “Gimme Some” Plum (iced plum), Like What You Sea? (misty blue), and I Cannes and I Will (golden mulberry). I’ve only tried six of the ten shades, but I’m comfortable saying that the entire range is worth checking out, because the six I tried were amazing.
- Bikini Line is a soft, shimmering warm-toned gold. This has my name written ALL over it, duh. I cannot resist a gold eyeshadow to save my life!
- Rich Beach is a warm-toned bronzy shade with just a bit of gold shimmer.
- Dandy Brandy is a lightly cool-toned chocolate brown with copper flecks of shimmer.
- Buckle Bunny is a muted rosy mauve with soft gold sheen.
- I Cannes & I Will is a plum purple with gold flecks. I really loved this shade, because it has a very unique look to it.
- Like What You Sea? is a soft, cool-toned silvery-blue with silver sheen.
They’re also really reasonably priced relative to the amount you get. For $14 at MAC, you’ll get 0.05 oz. of eyeshadow, whereas Benefit’s giving you double that for $18. From that perspective, you’re definitely getting your money’s worth with Benefit’s Velvet Eyeshadows!
- Product: 9/10
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 9/10
- Packaging: 9/10
Recommendation: If you’re all about a super soft and silky eyeshadow, these are most definitely for you. I just can’t get over the texture and how soft these are!
See swatches and photos…
Benefit Bikini Line Eyeshadow
Benefit Rich Beach Eyeshadow
Benefit Dandy Brandy Eyeshadow
Benefit Buckle Bunny Eyeshadow
Benefit I Cannes & I Will Eyeshadow
Benefit Like What You Sea? Eyeshadow
Bikini Line, Rich Beach, Dandy Brandy
Buckle Bunny, I Cannes & I Will, Like What You Sea?