Benefit Hoola Lite Box o’ Powder ($29.00 for 0.28 oz.) is a light, yellowed brown with warm undertones and a matte finish. It’s designed to be a lighter version of the original Hoola bronzer with the same matte finish. The original is described as being “ideal for fair complexions,” so I was puzzled to see a Hoola Lite and not a Hoola Deep released (it would also make more sense to me to release a lighter and deeper shade). I consider myself to be light-medium (most “true” medium foundations are too dark for me, and I’m typically one or two shades lighter than that), and this barely showed up on me, so I’d expect this to be more useful on very fair to light skin tones. (Note: the color blending in my skin tone does not impact the rating, as it is not an issue of pigmentation.)
The consistency was incredibly smooth, a little powdery in the box but did not appear dry or dusty on my skin. I found the powder to be incredibly blendable and easy to use, and for fair and light skin tones, it should be hard to overdo. I could see it being used more all-over for light and light-medium complexions, though it had a stronger yellow undertone so it may not work for those with very pink or olive undertones. From what I could judge, it seemed to wear for seven and a half hours on me before starting to break down and look less matte on my skin.
- Guerlain Terracotta Gold Light (LE, $60.00) is more shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Physicians Formula Light Bronze (P, $14.99) is darker (95% similar).
- Hourglass Filtered Light (LE, $48.00) is more shimmery, lighter, cooler (90% similar).
- Sephora Los Cabos (P, $17.00) is darker (95% similar).
- Colour Pop Spectacle (LE, $8.00) is darker, more muted (90% similar).
- Burberry London With Love (LE, $68.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Guerlain Clair / Brunettes (01) (P, $53.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Geek Sunkissed (P, $22.00) is more shimmery, darker (85% similar).
- Giorgio Armani Sun Glow (90) (P, $64.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Terra (P, $70.00) is darker, cooler (85% similar).
Talc, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Parfum (Fragrance), Ascorbyl Palmitate, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Bht, Tocopherol. May Contain: CI 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), CI 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), CI 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide).