Tutorial – Tropical Paradise (Green, Teal, & Blue Eyes)
Tutorial: Tropical Paradise (Green, Teal, & Blue Eyes)
Here’s a tutorial for a look I did a couple of weeks ago! It’s a good mix of bright, summery colors — this combination of colors always reminds me of tropical paradise. The sun, the sea…
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Make Up For Ever #910 Star Powder (springy green base), Make Up For Ever #304 Eyeshadow (shimmery yellow-green), Make Up For Ever #93 Eyeshadow (matte aqua-green), Make Up For Ever #168 Eyeshadow (shimmery teal), Make Up For Ever #159 Eyeshadow (matte blue), MAC Nylon eyeshadow (yellow-gold highlighter), Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow (black), Make Up For Ever Aqua Smoky Lash Mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Make Up For Ever #5 Blush (matte coral-orange), Make Up For Ever #153 Blush (shimmery peachy-gold)
- Lips: MAC Overrich lipstick (pinky-coral), Make Up For Ever #403 Gloss (sheer orange-coral)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush), 165 (highlighting brush)
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply #910 Star Powder all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack #304 eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply #93 eyeshadow to the middle portion of the lid. On the outer lid and crease, apply #168 eyeshadow with the 226. Darken crease with #159 eyeshadow using the 219, and then blend out with the 226. Sweep MAC Nylon eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight with the 217. Apply 12L Aqua Eyes Liner on lower lash line. Smudge lower lash line with #304 eyeshadow with the 214 brush, pressing into lower lashes. Finish with Aqua Black Waterproof Cream Eyeshadow on on the upper lash line using the 208. Apply Aqua Smoky Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with #5 Blush using the 129, then highlight with #153 with the 165. Apply MAC Overrich lipstick to lips, and then top with #403 Gloss for color and shine.
Get step-by-step instructions…!
1. Begin with a clean/makeup-free eye area. Make sure any moisturizer you’ve applied has been fully absorbed, otherwise it might reduce the effectiveness of your eyeshadow base/primer.
2. Apply a neutral eyeshadow base like MAC Soft Ochre paint pot with a flat, firm bristled brush like the 249. You can also use products like Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance.
3. You’ll want your eyeshadow base to cover your eye area from lash line to just before the brow bone.
4. With a flat, lightly fluffy domed brush, apply Make Up For Ever #910 Star Powder with water-based mixing medium all over the lower lid.
5. Pull the brush outwards so that the color covers the whole lid.
6. This is how the color should look once it has been deposited. You may need to go back and add more to get an opaque base without any sheer areas.
7. With an eyeshadow brush like the 239, apply Make Up For Ever #304 eyeshadow, which is a chartreuse shimmer shade, all over the lower lid.
8. This is how it should look. Layer additional eyeshadow over it to even out the color or intensify it as necessary/desired.
9. Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush like the 239, apply Make Up For Ever #93 eyeshadow, a bright apple green, to the middle of the lid, pulling downwards towards the lash line.
10. This is how it should look now.
11. With a fluffy eyeshadow brush like the 239, apply Make Up For Ever #168 eyeshadow, a shimmery teal, onto the outer third of the lid.
12. This is what it looks like now.
13. With a fluffy, tapered crease brush like the 226, apply Make Up For Ever #159 eyeshadow, a matte royal blue, into the outer half of the crease.
14. Pull the brush outwards, and then drag slightly downwards towards the outer corner.
15. This is what it looks like now. You can go back and intensify the boldness of your crease color if desired.
16. With a large fluffy brush like the 224, apply your choice in highlighter (I chose MAC Nylon eyeshadow, which is a soft gold shimmer) to your brow bone. Start on the inside and work your way outward.
17. This is what it looks like at this time!
18. With a stiff, defining brush like the 214, apply Make Up For Ever #304 eyeshadow, a shimmery chartreuse, to the lower lash line. Repeat but use Make Up For Ever #159 eyeshadow, a matte royal blue, on the outer third of the lower lash line.
19. Add a green-teal eyeliner like Make Up For Ever 12L to the lower lash line and black mascara to finish the eye look. Apply Make Up For Ever Aqua Black Cream Eyeshadow on the upper lash line with a stiff, angled brush like the 208. For blush, try matching with corals, like Make Up For Ever #5 Blush and Make Up For Ever #153 Blush. For lips, try a coral shade as well. I used MAC Overrich lipstick with Make Up For Ever #3 gloss (a sheer coral-orange).
Here’s the finished product!