Before I start my pros/cons with this product I want to say that my skin is oily and light with yellow undertones.
- It did not make my face shiny with oil with prolonged wear!
- Good coverage with a small drop of product
- Didn't emphasize my pores and was somewhat easy to apply concealer on top
- Lasted over 6-8 hours on me with setting spray
- It's somewhat buildable
- I'm using an acne treatment cream overnight that causes over-drying (not intensely...no flaking)... This foundation was impossible to blend even when I moisturised my cleansed acne cream-free face (and mixed it in with the foundation). I wouldn't really recommend for dry to very dry skin
- It didn't leave a natural finish on me, even when my face skin was stable and I used droplets. My closest friends and family immediately commented on it.
- The foundation DARKENS when it comes out of the bottle. At least for me (02). I would apply it on my hand then wait 5-10 minutes and voilà! A tone darker. I never had this problem with other high end brands.
- Has the traditional Guerlain scent (but wears off an hour or so after application)
- The price is too high compared to other foundations.
- 01 Beige Pale has discontinued. Sorry if you're light or pale!
Overall I'm immensely disappointed for this product. Not only is it 30% more pricey than most high-end foundations that (I think) perform better than LDP...It doesn't live up to the hype and claims for me. It is now my summer foundation...
I was so pleased to "discover" LdeP liquid foundation years ago. I'd pretty much decided I'd never be able to find a liquid foundation that would make my skin look better than when I wasn't wearing anything, and had pretty much relegated myself to wearing mineral powders (which I do still use and enjoy, I might add). It seemed that no matter which foundations I tried (from Revlon and L'Oreal to Nars, MUFE, some MAC formulas), the foundation would settle into dots along-side my nose and no amount of blending would make these "dots" disappear. I don't know - perhaps I was "over-blending" but I found it so frustrating because I wanted the option of liquid foundation - I figured if EVERYONE ELSE could use liquids with success, why not ME??? Then I discovered LdeP and I was in heaven. Yes, it's somewhat pricey but after all the money I'd wasted on products that didn't work at all, this seemed like a "bargain". This foundation has remained a favourite, especially for those times when I really want to look "flawless". It feels light and weightless, applies easily and without "dots", wears well and doesn't oxidize. Perfection!
This is my HG foundation. Love love love this foundation.
#31 is lovely. is a great match for a fair-light skin with yellow undertones.
The finish is semi matte that looks natural yet somehow luminous and glowy. Smooths out the skin really well, they hide for the pores better than any other foundations I've tried.
For how light weight it is, it has a very good coverage also. Evens out the skin tone perfectly, and is able to be built on top of the hyperpigmentations without using a separate concealer. It wears for a pretty long time without becoming patchy or ugly
I gave it 4 stars because it does oxidize into a "beige -y" color.. and the price is a bit too high