Natural Makeup with MAC Warm & Cozy
As promised, here’s a quick look I did using a bunch of Warm & Cozy products! I used Comfort mineralize skinfinish as a blusher in the first set of full-face pictures more to show you what it looks like on (and why I’m not keen on it) — I often do my best to use as many products from a single launch as possible, just to experiment and show you what you could do (or why you may want to pull pieces from your stash to complement a launch).
Comfort on me is like a dirty orange (and trust, I applied lightly–talk about pigmented, at least!), and By Candlelight is definitely shimmery/reflective — I only put the lightest it bit on the tops of my cheeks, but sure enough, BAM!
Today is exciting for two reasons: Christmas Eve (love, love Christmas! I have a thing for food and glitz and glam) and it’s Mellan’s birthday (he’s two years old today)! Super sweet reader Roxanne (@RockSlam) made an awesome collage, too. It’s SO cute. Totally made my day! (You can check it out in this post, at the bottom!)
Merry Christmas Eve to those who celebrate Happy winter, if you don’t!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Cuddle shadestick (shimmery white gold base), MAC Chamomile Eyeshadow (soft off-white), MAC Modelette Eyeshadow (soft medium brown), MAC Mulled Cider Eyeshadow (medium dark reddish brown), MAC Embark Eyeshadow (dark red-tinted brown), MAC Rich Ground Fluidline (warm rich brown), Urban Decay El Dorado 24/7 Liner (gold), Dior DiorShow Extase Macara (black)
- Cheeks: MAC Comfort Mineralize Skinfinish (orange-bronze), MAC By Candlelight Mineralize Skinfinish (shimmery peach-pink) / Dior Coral Riviera Blush (coral)
- Lips: MAC Warm Me Up Lipstick (medium, yellowed pink), MAC 2N Lipglass (creamy peach-beige)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Cuddle = Baselight; Chamomile = Blanc Type; Modelette = Era; Mulled Cider = Folie; Comfort = bronzer; Warm Me Up = Cosmo; 2N = Revealing
Directions: Start by applying Cuddle shadestick as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Chamomile eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Modelette eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Mulled Cider eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Embark eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Modelette eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Chamomile eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Urban Decay El Dorado Liner on the lower waterline and Dipdown fluidline on the upper lash line with the 208, and then sweeping lashes with Dior DiorShow Extase mascara.
For cheeks, lightly apply Comfort mineralize skinfinish to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116. Highlight lightly with By Candlelight mineralize skinfinish using the 165 or 187. For more toned down cheeks, try Dior Coral Riviera blush with the 116.
For lips, apply Warm Me Up lipstick first, and then layer 2N lipglass for soft, neutral lips.
Check out more photos!
Chamomile, Modelette, Mulled Cider, Embark
With Dior Coral Riviera instead
With Dior Coral Riviera instead
Collage by the lovely Roxanne (@RockSlam)! Thank you!! <3