MAC To the Beach Look: Humid, Shimmermoss, and “Sweet & Punchy”
If you’ve been collecting MAC for years, you and I both know that we own near-dupes of coming attractions, no matter how pretty the newest, shiniest thing may look. Since MAC To the Beach is out in the UK already, I thought I’d try a look using some of the products from the faux peek earlier this week. I used True Chartreuse as a base with Lucky Green eyeshadow layered over it to fake “Sweet & Punchy,” so if you have your To the Beach goodies, try using that on the lid instead
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC True Chartreuse Pigment (matte chartreuse), MAC Water-Based Mixing Medium (glue-based adhesive), MAC Lucky Green Eyeshadow (yellowed, shimmery green), MAC Humid Eyeshadow (dark green), MAC Shimmermoss Eyeshadow (teal), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (champagne gold highlighter), Make Up For Ever #7L Aqua Eyes Liner (electric blue), MAC Gorgeous Gold Eyeshadow (green-toned gold), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder (translucent)
- Cheeks: MAC Sun Rush Lustre Drops (peach-gold liquid highlighter), MAC Hipness Blush (coral pink)
- Lips: MAC Thrills Lipstick (copper rose), MAC Sugar Overload Superglass (nude with flaky glitter)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Sun Rush = Strobe Cream (not a dupe, but similar); Hipness = Benefit Coralista; Thrills = Lane + Fetish; Sugar Overload = Bare Necessity
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply True Chartreuse pigment all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Lucky Greeneyeshadow on the lower lid. Next, apply Humid eyeshadow into the crease with the 226, lightly blending outwards and upwards to fade to the brow bone. With the 239, apply Shimmermoss eyeshadow into the crease directly and then blended towards the outer corner and lid. Blend Nylon eyeshadow with the crease shade and highlight the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying #7L eyeliner on the lower lash line and Gorgeous Gold eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sun Rush lustre drops on the apples and upper cheekbones. Then, apply Hipness blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Thrills lipstick first, and then layer Sugar Overload superglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!