Look – Cherrylicious Lips and Cat Eyes
This was yesterday’s look – wanted to try out So Scarlet lipstick and Cult of Cherry together, and I thought maybe I’d try out some darker lips later on, so I kept the eyes pretty simple. I tried to do a cat-eye, but it didn’t quite work out. I haven’t done one in a long time (albeit, I’ve probably only done three in my lifetime), and stupidly, I didn’t bother to look at a few online before I went to work on mine, LOL. I wasn’t going to do lower lash line in black, but it looked so funny without it. Gah! It was one of those days. What brush do you all use for upper lash liner? I normally use the 208 or 210 (the angled one, I always get them confused), but I used the 266 this time, didn’t love it. ADVICE, please!
At least the lips were hot. Hopefully everybody stared at those instead of the liner
Today, the boy and I are off to the Monterey Bay Aquarium (and Mellan will be spending the day with my mom, aka being spoiled rotten and swimming all day!). I’m hoping to do a look using some non-MAC products (at least eyeshadows…) for the trip
P.S. YOU CAN FIND LOOKS CATEGORIZED BY COLOR! Several people expressed interest in seeing looks categorized by color, so they could easily find looks… they always have been arranged this way! If you go to the navigation bar and roll over “Looks,” you’ll see a drop down menu that shows several colors and a “view more” option. Click view more and you’ll see all the looks’ categories. If you can’t find something, read our How-to: Temptalia guide! Hope this helps!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (creamy neutral base), Next to Nothing eyeshadow (soft pink-toned highlighter), Grain eyeshadow (light brown highlighter), Blacktrack fluidilne (black gel liner), Graphblack technakohl (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Blooming blush (soft pink)
- Lips: So Scarlet lipstick (deep red), Cult of Cherry lipglass (cherry red)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Next to Nothing = Vanilla; Blooming = Micro-pink; So Scarlet = Viva Glam I + New York Apple; Cult of Cherry = Russian Red
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. Apply Next to Nothing eyeshadow all over the lid and brow area. Darken the outer lid using Grain eyeshadow and drag into crease using the 239. Sweep Next to Nothing underneath the brow bone to highlight. Line upper lash line using Blacktrack fluidline and create a cat-eye with the 266. Finish with Graphblack technakohl on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Blooming blush using the 129. Apply So Scarlet lipstick to lips, and then top with Cult of Cherry lipglass for color and shine.