China Glaze Kicks Collection: Swatches & Photos, Part 1
Entourage, Paper Chasing, Custom Kicks
China Glaze’s Kicks Collection debuts this April, in addition to their Summer Days Collection, and it’s all about celebrating Sneakerheads. Twelve lacquers from lime green to cherry red are included in this summer launch, with each lacquer retailing for $6.50 a pop. It’s available at 8ty8beauty.com right now if you gotta have your fix.
There are two “parts”, each consisting of six colors. This post includes reviews of the first six, as well as swatches and images for the same. Look for a second post featuring the next six to follow!
Kicks Part 1 Includes:
- Entourage is a vibrant lime green–it’s very much what I think of when someone says “lime green.” It’s not quite neon, and it’s actually not as bright as it could be, which is a good thing. I guess it’s kind of the like the interior of a lime, not the rind itself. I love the subtle shimmer that reflects in the light.
- Paper Chasing is a deeper, vibrant lime green–this is much more like the rind of a lime than Entourage. It has lots of shimmer in it, and it’s a bright color for summer.
- Custom Kicks is described as a “dusty teal,” and I’d say that’s not a bad description. It’s a medium teal with gold flecks of shimmer. The gold shimmer lightly dusted in the polish is what makes this polish stand out. I find it leans more as a blue-teal than a green-teal.
- Sky High-Top is a periwinkle blue; it’s cool-toned with blue/silver shimmer in a blue base with some violet to it. It’s very pretty, and it reminds me of ultra blue summer skies.
- Fly is a fuchsia-purle shimmer shade that’s not fully expected in the collection, but it is a welcomed color. It’s deeper without being vampy, and it has just enough color to be bright without being over the top.
- It’s Poppin is a hot, shimmery pink with a little kick of red tones to it. It doesn’t seem like it runs too cool or warm, which makes it wearable by more people. It’s a pretty bright shade, though!
My Top Picks: Entourage, Custom Kicks, Sky High-Top
See swatches and photos of China Glaze’s Kicks Collection!
Sky High-Top, Fly, It’s Poppin