Bright Makeup: Let’s Go to the Tropics with Yellow, Green, & Blue
I was getting a little tired of pink and purple, so I had to go with something totally different but still fun! Happy Friday all!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot (neutral beige base), MAC Stacked 2! Pigment (light gold-green), MAC Going Bananas Eyeshadow (sunny yellow), MAC Bio Green Eyeshadow (grassy green), MAC Shimmermoss Eyeshadow (teal), MAC Freshwater Eyeshadow (blue), MAC Electric Eel Eyeshadow (bright blue), MAC Nylon Eyeshadow (white-gold highlighter), Make Up For Ever 7L Aqua Eyes Liner (electric blue), MAC Plushlash Mascara (black)
- Face: Korres Tinted Moisturizer (#2)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb (peachy pink)
- Lips: MAC Victorian Lipstick (pinky coral), MAC Gold Dust Lipglass (sheer orange gold)
- Brushes: 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 116 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Going Bananas = Bright Sunshine; Victorian = See Sheer; Gold Dust = Instant Gold
For eyes, start by applying Soft Ochre paint pot as your eyeshadow base all over the eye area with the 249. With the 239 and water-based mixing medium (or water), apply Stacked 2! pigment (light gold-green) all over the lid area. Using the 239, apply Going Bananas eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Bio Green eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Lightly layer Shimmermoss eyeshadow on the middle-to-outer portion of the eyelid. Darken the outer third of the lid with Freshwater eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Lightly blend Electric Eel eyeshadow, with the 226, on the outer corner and lid. Lightly tap and brush Going Bananas eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Nylon eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying 7L eyeliner on the lower lash line and Going Bananas eyeshadow lightly patted below the lower lash line with the 219 brush. Finish by sweeping lashes with Plushlash mascara.
For cheeks, apply Sugarbomb blush to the apples of the cheeks and sweep upwards towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Victorian lipstick first, and then layer Gold Dust lipglass for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!