5 Shades of Teal for a Cause – National Wear Teal Day
This post is inspired by today being National Wear Teal Day, which is a day to help raise awareness for ovarian cancer, and it was brought to my attention particularly by Laura Mercier. The brand has a history of raising awareness and supporting women with ovarian cancer through the Laura Mercier Ovarian Cancer Fund as well as on the cosmetic side, the brand also donates 100% of the profits of three of their products towards the cause.
I, of course, need little push to wear teal, as it is one of my favorite colors, but today, teal has more meaning. Ovarian cancer is the fifth leading cause of cancer-related death among women (per Ovarian Cancer National Alliance, which has a great infographic here) and only 15% of cases are detected early, which is a key reason for raising awareness, particularly of potential symptoms and risk factors. You can learn more about early detection here.
Here are my five favorites right now:
- Urban Decay Deep End — a bluish-teal with a frosted finish
- Zoya Giovanna — a shimmering teal with a slight green tint
- Fyrinnae Gender Bent — a brightened teal with a soft pearl finish
- Illamasqua Apocalips — to really make a statement, a matte teal lipstick
- Inglot #338 — a deep, blue-teal with a matte finish