Tutorial – Fafi Eyes #1 Quad, Smoky Pale Pink with Gray and Subdued Purple
This tutorial is designed to show you step-by-step how to create a look using MAC’s Fafi Eyes #1 Quad. If you have questions, feel free to ask, as the whole point of this is to help you!
You will need: Perky paint pot (creamy base in a light pink), Hey eyeshadow (shimmery light gold-brown), Pink Venus eyeshadow (light medium pink), Howzat eyeshadow (chalky gray), Nice Vice paint pot (dark purple with red undertones), Vanilla eyeshadow (chalky off-white for highlighting), Smolder kohl (black kohl liner), Plushlash mascara (black mascara). For cheeks, Fashion Frenzy blush (bright medium pink) was used; for lips, Flash ‘N Dash lipstick (coral-red) and Cult Fave lipglass (cool medium pink) were used.
Brushes: 219, 239, 249
Get the step-by-step instructions with photos…
1. Start with a clean eye-space; if you fill-in your brows, you’re welcome to do them now [or later].
2. Use the 249 and take several swipes of Perky paint pot and begin to apply it to the inner lid.
3. Pull it outwards to be able to cover your entire lid area.
4. This is what it should look like.
5. With the 239 brush, pick up a generous amount of Hey eyeshadow and apply to the inner lid.
6. Make sure to cover the entire portion of the inner third of the lid.
7. Still using the 239 brush, pick up Pink Venus eyeshadow and apply to the middle of lid, starting just above the crease and pulling the brush downwards.
8. Pull the color downwards to evenly color the entire middle portion of the lid.
10. Apply Howzat eyeshadow to the outer portion of the lid, beginning just above the outer crease, with the 239 brush.
11. Pull downwards to deposit the color evenly.
12. Bring your brush upwards and into the outer crease to darken it.
13. Pull the brush outwards to help blend the color together.
14. With your 239, pick up a small amount of Hey eyeshadow and apply above the inner crease area towards the middle of the crease.
15. Like so.
16. Using the 239, apply Vanilla Eyeshadow on the brow bone.
17. Pull it outwards towards your outer brow to evenly deposit the highlight color.
18. This is what it should look like.
19. Pick up some Hey eyeshadow with your 239 and apply below the brow bone, but above the crease.
20. Blend Hey eyeshadow with Vanilla eyeshadow for a seamless gradient.
21. With the 249, pick up a small amount of Nice Vice paint pot, just on the tip of the brush and lightly dab it into the crease, moving from the position seen above to the outermost portion of the crease.
22. This is what it would look like.
23. Pick up a small amount of Howzat eyeshadow with the 239 and then place it on top of Nice Vice paint pot. Blend the two together.
24. Move your brush outwards to blend the colors together.
25. Brush gently upwards to help fade the gray-purple upwards.
26. This is what you should have. Correct any unevenness by applying a bit more Howzat eyeshadow to the outer portion of the lid to darken.
27. With the 219 brush, pick up Hey eyeshadow and apply it to the inner lower lash line, starting at the inner corner and moving towards the center of the lower lash line.
28. Finish by pulling Hey eyeshadow along the outer half of the lower lash line.
29. This is what it looks like.
30. Apply Smolder kohl on lower lash ilne and water line.
31. This is what it looks like at this point.
32. With the 219, apply Howzat eyeshadow on the outer lash line, smudging Smolder kohl as you go.
33. Gently smudge by moving the brush back and forth along the piece we want to smudge (outer third of the lash line).