Tutorial – Dramatic Fuchsia & Purple Eye for the Holidays
This is a tutorial I did last November that I finally wrote up (I know, I know!), so you may or may not remember this look!
- Gold Stroke pigment (Coppery brown)
- Trophy Pink eyeshadow (bright medium pink)
- Queen’s Jewel eyeshadow (dark blue-purple)
- Silverwear eyeshadow (silvery)
- Modern Heir eyeshadow (dark purple)
- Ricepaper eyeshadow (neutral highlighter)
- Feline kohl power (black liner)
- Don’t Be Shy blush (cool light pink)
- Micro Pink beauty powder (neutral pink highlighter)
- Snob Appeal lipstick (frosty dark pink)
- Contessa lipglass (shimmery pastel pink-mauve)
- Gold Stroke = Copper (metal)
- Trophy Pink = Da Bling
- Queen’s Jewel = Parfait Amour
- Modern Heir = Contrast
- Silverwear = Electra
- Feline = Graphblack
- Don’t Be Shy = Well Dressed
- Snob Appeal = Bombshell
- Contessa = Nico
We are using the Cool Eyes Palette from Holiday ’07.
See the step-by-step process!
1. Start with a clean, bare eye. (This has a little makeup on it, because I had done a look previously–but you get the idea!)
2. Apply one or two drops of water-based mixing medium onto a medium-sized eyeshadow brush (like the 239), then pick up Gold Stroke pigment. You want to begin applying it to the middle of your eye lid.
3. Spread the color outwards from the middle to cover the entire lid.
4. This is what you should have.
5. Apply Trophy Pink eyeshadow to the inner third of the lid using the 239. Pack it on to intensify the color.
6. This is how the color looks overlayed with the base.
7. Apply Queen’s Jewel eyeshadow to the middle of the lid using the same 239 brush.
8. Pull the brush downwards to evenly distribute the color.
9. This is what it looks like now.
10. Apply Modern Heir eyeshadow to the outer lid using the 239.
11. This is what it looks like.
12. Apply Silverwear eyeshadow over the middle area of the lid to lighten.
13. Pull it downwards to distribute color.
14. This is what you should have.
15. Apply Silverwear eyeshadow above the crease to diffuse the colors.
16. Pull outwards towards the outer portion of the eye.
17. Highlight brow with Ricepaper eyeshadow, starting underneath the inside area of the brow.
18. Pull outwards towards the tail of the brow.
19. This is what you should have now.
20. Add black liner to the lower lash line and coat lashes with mascara to finish.