Q&A: Interviewing Carmindy, Makeup Artist
Crazy Busy Beautiful: Beauty Secrets for Getting Gorgeous Fast ($8.76) is the latest release from the ever-uplifting Carmindy. Funny enough, I’ve been watching a whole lot of What Not to Wear lately, so it was really fun to be able to interview Carmindy in celebration of her new book!
Crazy Busy Beautiful is a fun and easy read that includes beauty tips and tricks from–yep, you guessed it–Carmindy! The idea behind the book is that women are incredibly busy these days, and they don’t have the time to sort through all of the beauty information out there, so Carmindy’s put her favorite tips and pieces of advice in one place. I just got my copy, but I’m excited to start reading it this weekend–it’s going to be a nice break from legal eagle reading!
Temptalia: How can women feel beautiful every day?
Carmindy: By looking into the mirror in the morning and starting with a good positive mirror mantra. With the right positive attitude any makeup you put on the skin will look more beautiful!
T: If you only have ten minutes in the morning to do your makeup, what should you spend that time doing?
C: My 5 Minute Face technique is the right way to go and you can save the other 5 minutes for sipping tea and taking a moment to visualize the great day ahead. (see below for the order)
T: What order should you apply your makeup in? (e.g. concealer, foundation, primer, powder, blush)
C: This is the order:
- Blend on foundation all over face including eye lids with a non-latex sponge
- Dab on concealer under eyes
- Tap on cream highlighter under the brows, on the inside corners of the eyes and on top of the cheekbones
- Sweep a light dusting of powder all over face including eye lids (but avoiding top of the cheekbones and under the browbone)
- Apply eyeliner on the upper lash line only
- Sweep on mascara on the upper lash line only
- Apply powder blush to the apples of the cheeks
- Finish with a quick swipe of lip color.
T: What are your tricks and tips for finding the right foundation color?
C: Swipe 3 foundation shades that are as close to your skin tone as possible along the jawline and then go to a window in the daylight and look into a mirror. The color that disappears into your skin is the correct shade for you.
T: Where do you get inspiration for the beauty looks you create?
C: Traveling the world and looking at unique women every day.
Carmindy discusses more about real beauty and how she got her start as a makeup artist in this interview.