Looks – Cult of Cherry Neutrals for Bold Lips
On Wednesday, I thought I might play around with some bold lip colors, so I popped on a neutral look, and then I had some fun. I tried Bing! mattene from Cult of Cherry, as well as So Scarlet (but I already had an idea of how that’d turn out in a look). I also tried on Clinique’s Red-y to Wear. Now, the verdict? Neither Bing nor Red-y to Wear are for me. I just can’t see where I’d wear Bing out to, without lightening it some. Red-y to Wear is too much of an orangey red on me – reminds me of clown red, almost.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (creamy neutral base), Next To Nothing eyeshadow (cool neutral), Tempting eyeshadow (bronze brown), Dark Edge eyeshadow (cool dark brown), Ricepaper eyeshadow (soft neutral highlighter), Orpheus kohl power (black gold), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Dainty mineralize blush (soft peachy pink)
- Lips: So Scarlet lipstick (deep red), Jampacked lipglass (dark berry)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Next to Nothing = Shroom; Dark Edge = Smut; Orpheus = Buried Treasure; Dainty = Peachykeen; So Scarlet = New York Apple; Jampacked = Desire
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. Apply Next to Nothing eyeshadow all over the lid using the 239. Apply Apply Tempting eyeshadow on outer lid and into crease with the 239. Darken the outer crease using Dark Edge eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Ricepaper underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Orpheus kohl power on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Dainty using the 129. Apply So Scarlet lipstick to lips, and then top with Jampacked lipglass for color and shine.
Here is the “experiment” portion! First two are with Bing mattene and Jampacked lipglass. The last two are with Clinique’s Red-y to Wear and MAC’s Boundless 3D glass.
And when all was said and done…
Had to tone the lips down 😉