How’s your Wednesday treating you? By the time this post goes live, my butt will be taking a midterm! Can’t wait for that to be over!
I wore this look out to lunch this past Sunday and used Urban Decay’s Book of Shadows Vol. II Palette to do so. I was shooting for a subtle, yet colorful, look, so I went with a neutral base myself, but you could always use a colored base to make it pop more.
By the by, I did attempt to use Midnight Cowboy Rides Again on the inner lid, and let’s just say… you should pretend like that eyeshadow doesn’t exist in your palette. I had glitter all over my cheeks and none on my lid within five minutes.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Urban Decay Sellout Eyeshadow (fleshy beige), Urban Decay Homegrown Eyeshadow (grassy green), Urban Decay Flipside Eyeshadow (teal), Urban Decay Misdemeanor Eyeshadow (dark green-teal), Urban Decay Perversion Eyeshadow (dark black-teal), Urban Decay Covet 24/7 Liner (teal), MAC Zoom Fast Lash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: MAC Enough Said blush (bronzy), Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer (bronzy)
- Lips: Chanel Santal Rouge Allure Laque (peachy-gold)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Femme-fi = Shroom; Brave New Bronze = Velvet Teddy
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, pack Sellout eyeshadow on using the 239. Apply Homegrown eyeshadow to the middle and outer portions of the lid. Darken crease with Misdemeanor eyeshadow using the 226, then deepen with Perversion eyeshadow with the 219. Lightly dust Flipside eyeshadow into the lower crease with the 226. Sweep Sellout eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Covet Liner on lower lash line. Apply MAC Zoom Fast Lash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with MAC Enough Said blush using the 129, then highlight with Dior Amber Diamond Skin Shimmer with the 188. Apply Chanel Santal Rouge Allure Laque for color and shine.
Check out more photos!