Look – Soft Yellows & Browns
This look is from last week — March 30th, to be exact — so still pretty much prior to getting hit with the nasty cold bug. I did a look this morning, and would you believe that it’s a similar look to this? I was like, “Geez, I finally put on makeup while I’m sick, and I end up doing the same thing!!” It was a little frustrating 😉 My wiggle-worm (aka Mellan) keeps wiggling onto my lap insisting I stop posting and get to feeding him, LOL. Hope your Saturday is filled with as much laughter as mine has started off with!
P.S. – If my face seems lighter than my body, it’s likely more an issue of SPF and reflection with flash photography (which is why I always advocate skipping SPF for any special occasion photography!).
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Rose Blanc eyeshadow (soft white-gold), Going Bananas eyeshadow (bright yellow), Texture eyeshadow (medium red-brown), Urban Decay Lucky 24/7 Liner (copper penny), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Refined mineralize skinfinish (peach-nude), Dior Coral Riviera blush (soft coral)
- Lips: Sci-fi Delity lipstick (raspberry), Chanel Candy Glow Aqualumiere Gloss (shimmery pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Rose Blanc = Nylon; Going Bananas = Bright Sunshine; Sci-fi Delity = New York Apple
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base. On the inner lid, apply Rose Blanc eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Going Bananas eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Texture eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Texture eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Rose Blanc eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Lucky Liner on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Refined mineralize skinfinish using the 129, then highlight with Dior Coral Riviera blush with the 188. Apply Sci fi Delity lipstick to lips, and then top with Chanel Candy Glow Aqualumiere Gloss for color and shine.
Check out more photos!