Look – Quick & Dirty Smokey Eyes
Quick and dirty smoky eye So, I finally get my foundation to match my skin in *natural* light… but then either the foundation or my setting powder reflects light and it doesn’t match in photos! Apparently, my bathroom light is terrible, because so many foundations looked like they were a match, only to look in my car mirror and see a totally different story. Sigh!
HAPPY FRIDAY ALL! Hope it speeds by (well, the work part of it!) so you can play. How’s everyone doing? Any exciting weekend plans? (I’m off to spend the majority of today studying with some fellow MBA students… so exciting. I know you’re jealous!)
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Soft Ochre paint pot (neutral beige base), Electra eyeshadow (bright silver), Smoke and Diamonds eyeshadow (dark silver-gray), Copperplate eyeshadow (matte gray-brown), Pincurl eyeshadow (duochrome gray-pink), Shroom eyeshadow (soft highlighter), Mystery kohl power (teal-black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Guerlain Shell Illuminating Sun Powder (bronzer), Guerlain Nacre des Mers Pressed Meteorites (sheer shimmer)
- Lips: Tiger Tiger lipstick (orange-y nude), Style Minx lipglass (hot pink)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Smoke and Diamonds = Silver Ring; Pincurl = Vex; Mystery = Teal-o; Tiger Tiger = Peachstock; Style Minx = Pink Poodle
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Soft Ochre paint pot all over the lid as the base. On the inner half of the lid, apply Electra eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Smoke & Diamonds eyeshadow to the outer half of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Copperplate eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Copperplate eyeshadow using the 226. Accent inner tear duct with Pincurl eyeshadow using the 226. Sweep Shroom eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Mystery kohl power on lower lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Guerlain Sun Powder using the 129, then highlight with Guerlain Nacre des Mers Meteorites with the 188. Apply Tiger Tiger lipstick to lips, and then top with Style Minx lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos!