Look – Gold, Copper, & Black Smoky Eye for New Year’s Eve 2008
Here’s my New Year’s Eve look! There are two different lip looks I used with this look — the one I’ll actually be sporting is the lighter, less bold lip, but I figured it was worth a shot to see how a redder lip might look with it, too. You know, for those who want to be more dramatic 😉
The boy and I will be driving up to his family’s house in a little bit, and we’ll spend our NYE hanging out with them. My plans are pretty tame, but I like them that way. Since I don’t drink, partying tends to be less fun for me (seriously, being sober while everyone else is drunk/buzzed and giggling at inane things… not so fun), so staying in for NYE is exactly my speed.
I hope whatever NYE plans you have for the evening are fabulously fun! Stay safe and enjoy ringing in the new year!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Blonde’s Gold pigment (golden tan), Goldmine eyeshadow (true gold), Amber Lights eyeshadow (copper), Antiqued eyeshadow (dark coppery brown), Mont Black eyeshadow (black with gold flecks), Rose Blanc eyeshadow (pale white gold), Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner (gold), Penultimate Eye Liner (black), Plushlash mascara (black)
- Cheeks: Chanel Corail Tweed Blush (coral), Redhead MSF (bronzy-red)
- Lips: Benefit Sexy Gold Lipstick (golden shimmer), Prestigious lipgloss (sheer berry-red)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Blonde’s Gold = Tan; Mont Black = Carbon; Rose Blanc = Nylon; Redhead = Springsheen; Prestigious = Star Nova
Directions: Define brows using a coordinating powder shadow applied with the 266 brush. Apply Blonde’s Gold pigment all over the lid as the base with the 249. On the inner lid, apply Goldmine eyeshadow using the 239. Apply Amber Lights eyeshadow to the middle of the lid. Darken the outer lid using Antiqued eyeshadow using the 239. Darken crease with Mont Black eyeshadow using the 239. Sweep Rose Blanc eyeshadow underneath the brow bone to highlight. Finish with Urban Decay Honey 24/7 Liner on lower lash line, Penultimate Eye Liner on upper lash line, and Plushlash mascara on lashes. Sweep apples of cheeks with Chanel Corail blush using the 129, then highlight with Redhead MSF. Apply Benefit Sexy Gold lipstick to lips, and then top with Prestigious lipglass for color and shine.
Check out more photos!