Duochromes + Jealousy Wakes Look
I was just playing around, and I wasn’t sure if I was going to post this, but some reader encouragement helped After seeing several readers mention Vex on yesterday’s post about Bare Escentual’s Urban Nature, I figured I’d try it. And then I just couldn’t help reaching for Jealousy Wakes… The green tones of Urban Nature brought out the green in the shadow (rather than the slight bluish nature of it) — which is what I wanted, something that is so on the edge of green that it’ll integrate well with other shadows.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: Bare Escentuals Urban Nature Prime Time Primer Shadow (murky plum, khaki, green), MAC Vex Eyeshadow (grayish purple with green sheen), MAC Jealousy Wakes Eyeshadow (emerald green), MAC Vanilla Eyeshadow (soft white beige), MAC Gilded White Powerpoint Pencil (waterline), Make Up For Ever #20L Aqua Eyes Liner (forest green), Hourglass Film Noir Mascara (black)
- Face: Guerlain Parure Gold Foundation (02), Guerlain Les Violettes Mineral Powder (03)
- Cheeks: Dior Aurora Nude Glow (soft bronze)
- Lips: Cle de Peau #2 Lipgloss (peach)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pencil brush), 188 (small, circular stippling brush)
- Substitutes: Jealousy Wakes = Emerald Green (it is the closest I can think of, but it pulls yellow)
For eyes, start by applying Urban Nature all over the lid and above the crease with the 242 to lay down your eyeshadow base. Lightly press Vex eyeshadow onto the inner half of the lid with the 239. Then apply Jealousy Wakes eyeshadow on the outer third of the lid and into the crease with the 239. Blend Vex eyeshadow by pulling lightly towards the outer lid with the 239. Apply Vanilla eyeshadow on the brow bone to highlight and soften the edge of the crease. Next, apply Gilded White liner on the lower waterline and #20 liner on the lower lash line, and then smudge with Jealousy Wakes eyeshadow. Coat lashes with Film Noir mascara to finish the look.
For cheeks, apply Aurora on the apples of the cheeks and sweep towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply #2 lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!