Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
Haul: I caved on Kate Somerville, because @katesomerville tweeted about a 30% discount code… and I couldn’t resist. I picked up ExfoliKate (because my boyfriend steals mine!!!), Quench, and Thirst.
Excited for: massive, massive productivity!! I have a whole bunch of things I want to get done this weekend (mostly for the blog), and I’m excited to get started!
Now… have at it!
Five for Friday: Products I’m Trying to Resist
I love this time of season — it’s that time when spring beauty is wrapping up and we start seeing summer beauty sneak peeks, previews, and the like. (It still never ceases to amaze me that we’ve barely *officially* started spring and it’s all about summer collections!) I LOVE! summer makeup. I love the warmth, the shimmer, and glow of summer collections. These are a five products that have made their way onto my lust list–we’ll see if I cave on any of them (I’m thinking I have no hope of resistance on a few of them–bet you can guess which!).
- Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Pink Delicious Lipgloss Kit ($26.00) is surprisingly tempting. I’ve never personally bought or tested (other than in-store swatching) Bare Escentuals products before. I know, right? How is that even possible? I think it’s the colors included in the kit — that fuchsia and peachy-bronze shade… ahh, they get me every time.
- Tom Ford Amber Resolute Eau de Parfum ($180 for 1.7 oz.) is one of several scents from Tom Ford’s Prviate Blend collection. I’m desperate to try a Tom Ford scent, and I’m thinking Amber Absolute may just be the right one to start off with! It’s described as, “A hallmark private blend fragrance. Amber Absolute is a honey-colored scent infused with the purest form of amber, joined by a tenacious refrain of African incense, labdanum, rich woods and a touch of vanilla bean.” Any input?
- Philosophy Raspberries & Cream Duo ($25.00) is a new scent from Philosophy, so it’s not a surprise that I’m drawn to it, since I love Philosophy’s shower gels and have kind of a gotta try ‘em all mentality over them… But I love, love, LOVE! raspberries! They’re my favorite fruit. Ever. I wish it was available in-store, because I’d grab it in a heartbeat.
- Guerlain Terracotta Teint d’Ailleurs Tinted Moisturizer ($46.00) has my name written ALL over it. I love Guerlain’s products in general (of course, not everything catches my eye!), and I am addicted to tinted moisturizers… I’m starting a Tinted Moisturizer Challenge for summer, so I think I’m going to buy this next time I’m at Nordstrom! I can’t wait.
- Burberry Brit Spring Gift Set ($90) caught my eye when I was browsing for new beauty products on Nordstrom’s website last night. It reminded me of how much I absolutely adore Burberry’s The Beat during the spring. Has anyone else tried this? (P.S. – Why am I so obsessed with Burberry lately?)
What five products are on YOUR lust list this week?
What beauty product do you love that others seem to hate? What product makes you feel in the minority?
I love MAC mascara! I loved Zoomlash and wore it all the time until MAC Plushlash came out (which I love more than Zoomlash).
What’s the Worst Moisturizer for Dry Skin…?
What brand/product wins this category? Any particular reason it wins?
How does your beauty/makeup routine change for Spring? Does it change?
I do like to think about using softer or brighter colors — less vampy, plummy kind of shades, but I’ll still do them if the mood hits.
Fill in the survey below with your answers, and then share your answers with us in the comments section!
- What was the first eyeshadow you bought?
- What eyeshadow do you have backups of?
- What eyeshadow have you hit pan on?