What eyeliners work on your waterline? Any?
Shop Pink, Part 4
October 1st marks the start of Breast Cancer Awareness month, and many brands participate by creating or marketing certain products as Pink products. Our motto at Temptalia is: if you Need Pink, why not Shop Pink while you’re at it?
Shop Pink when there’s something you need/want, but if you find yourself just wanting to support the cause, the best way to raise awareness and support the cause is by donating directly to the charity of your choice (whether it’s time, money, beauty products, clothes, etc.). Purchasing Pink products always helps, too, but consider donating directly if all you want to do is support the cause. (You can also join us in our fundraiser, too!)
We’re just going to tell you about Pink beauty products, but there are plenty of brands across the retail market, from cereal to socks to lipstick, that are also joining in and raising awareness and donations.
- Altru: Altru honors Breast Cancer Awareness month by donating 20% of proceeds to the Susan G. Komen Foundation for ANY Appreciation Soy Blend Wax Candle, Aromatic Incense or Interior Fragrance Oil sold during the month of October. www.altrubygamillah.com
- CURLS: CURLS is proud to help the fight against breast cancer by introducing an exclusive breast cancer awareness package for October 2009. 20% of sales for the month will be donated to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. www.curls.biz
- DermaQuest: August 1, 2009 through November 1, 2009, a portion of each purchase of DermaQuest Glyco Hand and Body Cream will be donated to BCRF in support of their mission to achieve prevention and a cure for breast cancer through research at leading medical centers worldwide and increased public awareness about breast health. www.dermaquestinc.com
- diptyque Paris: diptyque Paris is partnering with The Pink Agenda. During the month of October, 20% of proceeds from the sales of the Pink Roses Candle at the New York diptyque Boutique and www.beautyhabit.com will benefit The Pink Agenda in its fight for increased breast cancer research and awareness of the disease. www.beautyhabit.com
- Elemis: Elemis will donate a portion of the proceeds from the sales of their NEW ‘Essential Beauty Secrets’ kit to Breast Cancer Care, an organization that provides information and support, and campaigns for improved standards of care.
- Palmer’s: Palmer’s will donate 10 percent of the sales price of specially-marked, pink bottles of Cocoa Butter Formula Lotion and Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks to Susan G. Komen for the Cure with a minimum donation of $100,000. www.palmers
- PedEgg: TeleBrands will be donating $30,000 to the BCRF for the 2009 – 2010 year. www.pinkpedegg.com
- Philosophy: shower for the cure represents the spirit of every woman and 100% of philosophy’s net proceeds from the sale of shower for the cure will be donated to the Women’s Cancer Research Fund. she colors my day pink generates high-foaming bubbles, lightly tints your bath pink and helps soothe and moisturize skin. we encourage you to take pleasure in the bright pink bubbles and delicious pink bubble gum scent as you soak in the tub. 100% of philosophy’s net proceeds goes to the Entertainment Industry Foundation’s Women’s Cancer Research Fund to support the early detection of women’s cancers. www.philosophy.com
- Purple Lab: Purple Lab has partnered with the Triple Negative Breast Cancer Foundation to launch SWAC “SEALED WITH A CURE,” a feel good lip gloss equipped with ingredients that boost beauty, health and confidence. SWAC has been delivered to help increase awareness and funds for Triple Negative Breast Cancer research. A portion of the proceeds will go to the foundation. www.b-glowing.com
- Suki: Suki is donating 100 percent of sale proceeds of two best-selling products, exfoliate foaming cleanser and sensitive cleansing bar, through the months of October and November. The proceeds will go towards “Think Before You Pink” campaign, advancing changes in policy and decreasing environmental exposure to chemicals that may play a hand in causing breast cancer. www.sukipure.com
- Sweet Grass Farm: Hope, Courage & Faith Fragrance Stick Set (SRP $29.95)…like a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Year round Sweet Grass Farm will support National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by donating 10% of the proceeds for each sale of its Hope, Courage & Faith Fragrance Stick Set to the National Breast Cancer Foundation. www.sweetgrassonline.com
- Venus: On September 27, P&G will distribute ‘Give Hope’ brandSAVER coupons to over 52.5 million households. For every coupon redeemed, P&G will make a donation to help drive awareness and find a cure. Both the National Breast Cancer Foundation and the Susan G. Komen Foundation will be recipients of donations to support this important cause. For every Venus fan out there, this is an easy and “smooth” way to Get Closer to the Cause – you purchase, we donate, we all get one step closer to the tools and resources that save women’s lives.
- Yes, definitely! (63%, 597 Votes)
- Somewhat... (34%, 322 Votes)
- No way! (3%, 32 Votes)
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (0%, 3 Votes)
Total Voters: 954
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section!
The Best of the Best, Volume #006
It’s been a pretty awesome week for me, so I’m jazzed about that. We bought Mellan a Halloween costume yesterday, for entertainment value, and it was so worth it. Absolutely hilarious. Surprisingly, he was pretty good about wearing it–didn’t attempt to take it off!
What are your weekend plans?
Study, study, study! I have a midterm next week, so I have to prepare and memorize a zillion things for it. As far as fun goes, probably go out to eat once or twice with the boy and use Mellan as a distraction for all things academic!
This Week’s 5 Most Popular Posts
- MAC Baroque Boudoir Collection: The fancy, specially designed packaging has really got some of you excited about this late November collection!
- MAC Mischief Makers Collection: The adorable holiday kits and sets seem like they’ll be finding their ways onto lots of your wish lists this year.
- MAC Magic, Mirth, & Mischief — Eye/Lip Bags: Beyond the colour collection and holiday palettes, there are cute little bags with lipsticks or glosses or little kits for the eyes.
- MAC Style Black Review/Round-up: Hopefully, the review, swatches, and photos helped some of you make decisions on what to get and what to skip from Stye Black!
- Guerlain Imperiale Holiday Collection: Ahh, Guerlain… you always steal my heart!
This Week’s 5 Most Discussed Posts
- What’s your most treasured piece of makeup?: We asked, you answered!
- Neutral Eyes & Dragon Red Lips: The look I wore to my birthday dinner with the boyfriend to my very favorite steakhouse… so of course I had to wear Chanel Dragon Rouge Allure Laque!
- Worst Drugstore Mascara: Readers weigh in on their least favorite drugstore mascaras.
- Look: Peaches & Smoky Purples: I wore this look to my birthday dinner with my parents and boyfriend at a local Italian restaurant!
- What’s your favorite pink product?: Lots of lipsticks… blushes…
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Recommend your favorite book or tell us what you just started reading; share a great dessert recipe or a photo of your pet (which is sure to be the cutest, yeah?).
First, I’ll share mine!
I’ve been very good — my last beauty haul was last Thursday (Chanel Rouge Allure Laques/MAC Style Black)!
Now… have at it!
And from me, pictures of Mellan in his Halloween costumes…