Back-to-School Makeup: Quick Looks
The alarm went off… a half hour ago. You only have five to ten minutes before you have to head out the door–these are my favorite ways to look and feel good when time is short!
- Neutral + Dark Crease: Pop a flesh-toned neutral all over the lid and add pop and oomph with a much darker crease. On warmer complexions, an eggplant purple adds definition and color without being over-the-top. On cooler complexions, navy and charcoal blues work well.
- Bright Eyeliner: Whether you line the lower or upper lash lines (or both!), using a brightly colored eyeliner can give you a really fun look without a lot of work!
- Find Your Duo: One of my favorite eyeshadow duos is Hourglass’ Gypsy–it just works well for me–and I reach for it regularly when I’m in need of some color on the lid but don’t have a lot of time to think about what I want to do. Whether it’s neutral or not, totally up to you, but finding a duo, trio, or palette with a never-fails combination is essential for those mornings you wake up late!
- Bold Lips: Don’t be afraid of bold lip colors! Especially as we head into fall (officially, at least!), darker lip colors are always in style. You can add an instant brightness to your face by using a bolder, darker lip color. Plus, darker lip colors tend to last longer on lips, which means less reapplying.
- “No Makeup” Makeup: Classic, polished, and easy to do once you figure out what products you love most for the look. Ideally, you want to add depth and brightness to the eyes as well as defined lashes; soft glow and natural color to cheeks; smooth, “flawless” skin; and your my-lips-but-better lipstick/lipgloss–look out for plums, mauves, and plummy-pinks.