What was in your last makeup haul? Tell us about the goodies! We haven’t asked in awhile so tell us what’s up!
To celebrate the new year, we want to give our readers the chance to win a spectacular prize–and by this, we really do mean one fantastic prize that will blow you away! But wait, we not only have one insanely large prize, but two other giveaways for our New You with New Beauty contest. For now, we give you the first of at least three giveaways for the New Year. (But stay tuned for an amazing skincare prize bag as well as our finale prize bag–sure to blow your mind!)
Charles Worthington London wants to give you a chance to win this amazing gift basket (worth $70!) full of hair care goodies so that your hair is absolutely stylin’ all throughout 2008. To enter, readers should submit their horrifying hair stories — and if you have pictures, even better. Share your stories in the comments! :) One lucky winner will find themselves with amazing hair for the new year.
- One entry per person.
- Part 1 of the contest is open to US residents only (sorry international ladies!).
- Winner will be announced December 17th.
For prize details… Continue reading →
NEW SPRING LOOK 2008 | Spotlight on avant-garde romanticism
â€œI wanted a face for the woman I dress.” — Yves Saint Laurent
In 1978, Yves Saint Laurent created his line of make-up and sparked a sensation by adapting the bold, elegant, colours and visionary style of his clothes to the make-up universe. In 2008, to celebrate this 30th anniversary year in rich colour, Yves Saint Laurent Make-up will draw from the designer’s favourite themes and iconic creations with each successive season.
In this first tribute, the New Spring Look 2008 is inspired by one of the famous love greeting cards — the one from 1992 — sketched by Yves Saint Laurent and sent to his friends as an expression of affection. It is faithfully carried over to the PALETTE POP with its eminently wearable shades carrying a wave of freshness that is ideal in the spring sunlight.
In her usual flamboyant way, the Yves Saint Laurent woman reveals her romantic side, flirting with soft shades, luxuriating in fresh textures and naturally adopting ultra-contemporary, yet simple tips for application.
In a celebration of love and flowers, the New Spring Look 2008, interpreted by Val Garland, Artistic Advisor for Yves Saint Laurent Make-up, enhanced the model’s eyes with soft blue and green, a delicate and rosy complexion, and “embrace me”…lies the make-up look combines grace and sensuality in an effect that is totally today.
NEW LIMITED EDITIONS
- Palette Pop Collector Powder for Face & Cheeks ($60.00)
- Pop Stick Blush in N 1 Vanilla / Chocolate, N 2 Strawberry / Raspberry, N 3 Peach / Blackcurrant ($42.00)
- Eye Colour Touch Water-Resistant Eyeshadow in N 1 Golden Coral, N 2 Steel Blue, N 3 Golden Jade, N 4 Glazed Brown ($27.50)
NEW BASIC PRODUCT
- French Manicure / 2 Pens Kit ($42.00)
NEW BASIC SHADES
- Mascara Volume Infini Curl in N 6 Infinite Petrol-Blue ($27.50)
- Ombres Duolumieres in N 13 Golden Sand / Brown Earth, N 15 Shimmering Quartz / Deep Amethyst ($39.50)
- Fard a Levres Rouge Pur in N 138 Pink Orchid, N 139 Red Pomegranate ($29.00)
- Rouge Pure Shine Sheer Lipstick SPF 15 in N 28 Pink Sorbet, N 29 Frozen Mocha ($29.00)
- Golden Gloss in N 12 Golden Cinnamon, N 13 Golden Nude ($28.00)
Available this February 2008 on counters.
You know you want all the details AND photos… Continue reading →
If our guide to Gifts Under $10 wasn’t enough to give you a few ideas for stocking stuffers, here are a few more we think might be just up your alley this year! Continue reading →
Save 10% on orders of $40 or more from now through December 16th with code BL17 at www.essie.com.Â
What do you do with makeup you don’t like/use? Does it still lay around your house somewhere or do you throw it away? Give it away?