Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
I used Soft Ochre paint pot on lid, Up-do eyeshadow on inner lid, Passionate eyeshadow on middle of lid, Parfait Amour eyeshadow on outer lid, Contrast eyeshadow lightly on outer crease, Hush eyeshadow above crease, Royal Wink fluidline on lower lash line, Feline kohl power on lower water line. I had Fleurry blush on cheeks. I wore Fun ‘n Sexy lipstick with Squeeze It lipglass on my lips.
Continue reading →
Flirt! Squeeze Me Super Shiny Lipgloss ($10.00) is exactly what it says–a super shiny lipgloss–without stickiness. The colors I tested were fairly sheer, so you get more like a subtle hint of color with lots of shimmery shine. If you’ve ever wanted ultra glossy lips, this is a great solution. They have a good range of colors, so it makes it easy to find a few that would work for you. Personally, I found the tube size to be a little small for the price of a non-high end brand. On the flip side, the small size makes it perfect for traveling and tossing in purses. I do wish they were more pigmented, as that’s my general preference, but I know a lot of people like sheer glosses.
What is the craziest eyeshadow combo you’ve come up with–that’s worked amazingly? Did you ever think of using a few shadows together, and you really didn’t think they’d work together, yet they were rockin’? Share!
There are few days out of the year where I really go all out to look my very best in every single way; this Valentine’s Day was one of those such occasions. As the first Valentine’s Day I get to actually spend with my boyfriend [in person], I wanted to pamper and primp myself to the nines. Even though we didn’t (and didn’t intend to) go out, I still wanted to work hard to be at my prettiest! (But those are my flowers pictured above!)
Temptalia’s Pampering & Primping Routine
- Cleansed, exfoliated, and soft from head to toe. My usual shower is ten to fifteen minutes, but today I was in there for at least a half hour. I shampooed and conditioned my hair (with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship), exfoliated my body (with cake’s sweet cheeks scrub), and shaved (with Every Man Jack Shave Gel). Oh, plus took a loofah to every inch (with philosophy’s raspberry sorbet shower gel).
- Moisturized from head to toe. Pretty standard, but I chose a scent I knew my boy would really enjoy, which meant I pulled out bliss’ vanilla+bergamot body butter. I hate feeling cold lotion on warm skin, so I always make sure to whip the body butter between my palms to help warm it up before I apply it to my skin.
- Thoroughly prepped the face ’til it was baby soft. Although I’d like to think I pay a lot of attention to my face on a day to day basis, I made sure not to miss a pore. I exfoliated (with Prescriptives’ Instant Gratification, my love) first, and then I followed with a healthy layer of moisturizer (Estee Lauder’s Re-Nutriv Ultimate Youth Creme).
- Blow dried my hair for five minutes at a time inbetween steps. I don’t particularly like standing around blow drying my hair, so I tend to do it in shorter intervals while I’m getting ready, but I definitely did this!
- Highlighted my decolletage. Really! I dusted MAC’s Daisylight beauty powder on my shoulders and cleavage for subtle highlighting and some shimmer.
- Get polished with makeup (everyone’s favorite part). I already posted the look I wore for Valentine’s Day earlier this afternoon, but I want to tell you why I chose to do that look. My boyfriend doesn’t hate on bright looks, but he does prefer more natural ones, so that was a definite factor that weighed into my decision. Secondly, I think it’s important to enhance natural beauty on an occasion like Valentine’s Day, which is about loving and appreciating each other. I wanted to go for a look that was subtle, but eye-catching, and something that would suit my skintone and incorporate a touch of color. I opted for darker pink-red lips rather than a brighter pink or a deep red, because my boyfriend loves me in pink lips (and hates me in red lips!). I also made sure to properly contour and highlight my cheeks so they would be more prominent.
- Total Pampering & Primping Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
What’s your ultimate pampering and primping routine? What do you do when you want to look your very, very best?
This type of cream was designed to help remove makeup and its buildup while giving skin a smooth appearance. Typical ingredients found in cold creams include mineral oil, borax, emulsion of water, etc. Many cold creams are known to be incredibly rich, thick, and ultra-hydrating. Despite their richness, cold creams that are hypoallergenic and do not clog pores are available. This kind of cream is often recommended for those who are prone to drier skin, because it is such a heavy and moisturizing cream.
Editor’s Note: This is a look done for Carnival, which is why it is so fun and out there!
Eyes | I used cream concealer (NW40) with a dusting of Medium dark powder as the base. I applied Parrot over it (using 239 brush) and blended it up into the crease ( with 217 brush). I used LA Splash pigment in french vanilla mixed with a light gold eyeshadow to highlight the brow. I used a matte brown shadow to fill in her brows. Red Cherry brand lashes in #28. Clinique creamliner in True Black to finish.
Face | I mixed together chanel and MAC to create a custom foundation color and applied it sparingly with the 187 brush. Then lightly dusted on MAC medium dark loose powder. I’m a real fan of ‘skin’ showing through makeup if possible. I used chanel bronzer in sahara to contour and Elizabeth Arden Topaz blush on the apples of her cheeks.
Lips | A lightly pigmented nude gloss (sacha cosmetics gloss in Skin) completed the look.
Check out two more photos! Continue reading →