Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
When Bath & Body Works starts stocking their holiday gift sets, I know it’s time to work on my Christmas wish list, and start prodding others to give me some ideas of what they’d like to receive this season. I’m one of those early bird shoppers–I do not do December at the mall. The only reason you will see my butt at the mall after Thanksgiving (Black Friday is my official stop-going-to-the-mall-marker) is to swatch and review a MAC launch. But I go first thing in the AM, so I miss the crowds (especially since it’s usually a weekday!). SO, I can appreciate knowing and/or being able to purchase products available mid-October. Let me catch you up on all that is holiday in the beauty realm!
- Benefit Sets and trios
- Bobbi Brown Sets, palettes, minis
- Chanel Collection
- Dior Eye palettes
- Dior Black Diamond Collection
- Givenchy Collection
- Guerlain Midnight Butterfly Collection
- Lancome Palettes and sets
- Laura Mercier Palettes and sets
- MAC Little Darlings Sets of mini glosses, pigments, glitters, etc.
- MAC Passions of Red Eyeshadow and lip balettes, brush sets
- MAC Red She Said Holiday collection of mineralize shadows, blushes, etc.
- NARS Cosmetics Collection
- Smashbox Gifts and sets
- Too Faced Sets and palettes
- Urban Decay Sets, palettes, kits
- YSL/Yves Saint Laurent The Bow Collection
What collections caught your eye? Which have you bought from? Which are you saving up for?
I love Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, and Urban Decay’s so far–those are really theo nly ones I’ve played with. I might venture into Guerlain and NARS’ launches later on.
If you were using MAC’s Ravishing Lipstick?, what look would you create with it? What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips?
Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product! Feel free to share links to photos of your look(s) using it in the comments.
What are your absolute staples? What do you use all the time that you couldn’t give up?
One of my most frequently asked questions in makeup is: what color eyeshadow will suit my ______ colored eyes?
Generally speaking, both artists and makeup artists are knowledgeable about the color wheel, which displays several colors in a circle. Complimentary colors are opposite of each other; for example, red’s complimentary color is green.
Typically, the following is advised:
- Green eyes: Purples, pinks, and reds
- Blue eyes: Oranges, coppers, golds
- Hazel eyes: Warm tones, bronzes, greens
- Brown eyes: Browns, bronzes, greens
- Gray eyes: Grays, cool tones, brown
Do you agree? Do you find that the colors that make your eyes “pop” are complimentary? I have hazel eyes, and in that respect, both greens and bronzy colors do work well; depending on the hue, it will either bring out the green or the brown/gold flecks in my eyes.
- Sephora Brand BCA Pocket Brush Set ($15.00) Cute, purse-sized brush set with an adorable pink case. $1 from the sale of each brush set goes towards The Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- Tweezerman BCA Slant Tweezer ($20.00) A portion of the proceeds from the sale of the tweezers will benefit Breast Cancer Awareness and Research.
- ghd IV styler hot pink Pink Styler ($255.00) ghd will donate $15 from each sale of this hot pink iron to the Young Survival Coalition through October.
- Too Faced Eyeshadow Duo – Betsy Baby Betsy Baby ($17.00) Too Faced has committed to donating $3 per sale of this limited-edition shadow to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation (BCRF). In return, Betsy has personally committed to the same donation, as has Sephora and $9 per sale of Betsy Baby will be directed to BCRF!
Please consider participating in Temptalia’s Breast Cancer Awareness Fundraiser!
If you could revamp Urban Decay Primer Potion, what would you change? What would you keep the same? How would you make it an even better product?