The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
- Lipstick (39%, 733 Votes)
- Lipgloss (34%, 643 Votes)
- Lip Balm (26%, 476 Votes)
- Other - I'll tell you in the comments! (1%, 13 Votes)
Total Voters: 1,865
Feel free to elaborate on your answer in the comment section!
The Spring Season: Warmer Pinks Lipstick Wrap-up
I’m actually surprised by the volume of warmer-toned pinks featured in the Spring Season. I always thought finding the right warm pink was difficult, but perhaps not!
- #1 (Benefit Candy Store) is a more pigmented, slightly more coral version of #3 (Chanel Exquise).
- #8 (Guerlain Gemma) is a stunning shade, and the closest dupe I’ve encountered thus far is #10 (Korres #22)–Gemma is brighter and pinker, but Korres #22 has the cool golden sheen of Gemma that makes it so unique.
- #11 (Lancome Voile de Rose) made a big splash amongst readers, and though we have no exact dupe, #9 (Korres #13) and #15 (Shiseido PK 327) come close.
- #7 (Guerlain Gabrielle) seems like a slightly more coral version of #17 (Urban Decay Peroxide).
- #5 (Cle de Peau #106) is a brighter, more intense version of #16 (Urban Decay Naked).
- Benefit Candy Store Lipstick
- Bobbi Brown Rose Guarden Creamy Lip Color
- Chanel Exquise Lipstick
- Chanel Ming Rouge Allure Laque
- Cle de Peau #106 Extra Silky Lipstick
- Dolce & Gabbana Velvet Lipstick
- Guerlain Gabrielle Rouge G Lipstick
- Guerlain Gemma Rouge G Lipstick
- Korres #13 Natural Pink Lipstick
- Korres #22 Rose Guava Lipstick
- Lancome Voile de Rose Lipstick
- Maybelline Warm Me Up Lipstick
- NP Set Havana Lipstick
- Shiseido PK 224 Lipstick
- Shiseido PK 327 Sheer Lip Color
- Urban Decay Naked Lipstick
- Urban Decay Peroxide Lipstick
Chanel Orient Extreme Collection for Summer 2010
The products were created for the Paris-Shanghai show that took place last December. This collection will be exclusive to Chanel boutiques (of which there are not too many).
Le Vernis ($25.00)
- Illusion D’or (450) Clear with gold sparkle
- Gold Lame (440) Copper gold
- Black Velvet (430) Matte black
Ligne et Ombre de Chanel ($45.00)
- Jet-Gold Matte black eyeliner / gold eyeshadow
Availability: April 1st at Chanel (15 E. 57th St., nr. Fifth Ave.; 212-355-5050).
See more photos…
Happy Sunday! Hope everyone has been joining their weekend!
- Lancome tries nail swatching with Ms. Perfectly Pink [The Lancome Blog]
- Karen tests out Estee Lauder Sumptuous (Waterproof) mascara [Makeup and Beauty Blog]
- Get Emma Watson’s makeup look [BellaSugar]
- Zoffe gets inspired by Beyonce’s Telephone look [Zoffe’s Makeup]
- Enhance blue eyes with warm brown eyeshadow [The Girls in the Beauty Dept.]
- Physicians Formula goes bamboo [Beauty Counter]
- Why you should reapply your sunscree [The Beauty Brains]
- Win one of Lancome’s new 100% Natural Origin Juicy Tubes! [Stylelist]
- Best products for beachy waves [Daily Beauty Reporter]
The Spring Season: Cooler Pinks Lipstick Wrap-up
For our next visual recap of the Spring Season, we’re showcasing all of the cooler-toned pink lipsticks.
- #1 (Benefit Jing-a-ling) is like a lighter, cooler version of #8 (Urban Decay Rush).
- #6 (MAC Hue) and #7 (Maybelline Born With It) seem awfully similar, with Hue not quite as pink. #5 (MAC Angel) is pinker than both the Born With It and Hue.