Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Korres #22 Rose Guava Lipstick
The Spring Season: Korres #22 Rose Guava Lipstick
Korres #22 Rose Guava Lipstick ($22.00 for 0.06 oz.) is a beautiful shade of medium pink with golden shimmer. It reminded me of a seriously muted version of Guerlain Giulette Lipstick. It could also double as MAC Nympette Lipglass in lipstick form. It has a beautiful muted medium pink base with golden shimmer and a light sheen. Korres’ Guava Lipstick is incredibly moisturizing and glides onto lips easily. Guava Lipstick wears well (four hours for me) and looks soft and smooth without being creamy–so they don’t slip on the lips.
Is this the right sheer lipstick for you? Would you wear it?
The Spring Season is a series of posts featuring my favorite soft beige, coral, and pink lipsticks and lipglosses — all perfect for the first blossom of spring — that runs through March 2010.
Beauty on a Budget: Maybelline Irresistibly Ivy Eyeshadow Quad
Maybelline Eye Studio Irresistibly Ivy Eyeshadow Quad ($8.49) is a mix of four eyeshadows that can be used together or alone. They’re very soft, slightly powdery shades, so it’s better to use a tapping technique, rather than sweeping/brushing it on a lot. Think less windshield-wiper motions when applying these with a brush. I find that this is just something that holds true for all softer shadows (e.g. Stila and Urban Decay).
Irresistibly Ivy includes a softly shimmered champagne beige; rich, orange-copper with golden shimmer; matte teal with glitter sparkle; and reddened bronze-copper. I found that the orange-copper shade had the best texture and color pay off–very smooth and true-to-color. The teal had a little more of a dusty feel to it, since it’s more of a matte base with shimmer on top.
For drugstore beauty, the pay off is intense and over a good primer (e.g. UDPP), I had no problems with the color popping and staying true. I found minimal fading after eight hours, so they’re not quite as good as some of my favorite eyeshadows, but for the price, they’re an excellent alternative for those on a budget–or would like to try certain colors without shelling out $15+ for one.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 26/30
- Value: 9/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 3/5
Recommendation: If you like soft shadows and want something affordable, Maybelline Eye Studio Quads might be up your alley!
Availability: Local drugstores
What’s your favorite lipstick formula? Share the brand/type of lipstick — what makes it your favorite?
Chanel Rouge Allure Laques have excellent color, lasting power, and feel incredible.
Thanks to CeeBee for this question!
Aveda @ Sophie Theallet
“The Sophie Théallet hair look for this season is soft, tousled, and romantic—a mélange of country girl and princess. Hair is loosely pulled back and twisted into a textured, slightly teased ponytail with long wisps of hair framing the face.” — Antoinette Beenders for Aveda
- Prep damp hair with Aveda Volumizing Tonic™ for volume and shine, massaging it into roots. Blow-dry hair at half speed.
- Create a deep side part and separate the fringe and hair around the face.
- Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion into the rest of the hair for matte texture and tousled volume, massaging it into the scalp.
- Slightly backcomb hair at the crown, using a wide-tooth comb to create a textured, distressed look. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray for maximum hold.
- Pull hair into a low, loose, half-up ponytail and secure with an elastic band, leaving the fringe and front wisps loose.
- Divide remaining bottom half of hair into right and left sections. Backcomb the right section and twist it over the ponytail elastic. Secure hair just to the left side of the ponytail using hair pins.
- Take the remaining left section of free hair and create another loose ponytail behind the left ear. Spray with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
- Combine the two ponytails by pinning them together behind the left ear. Sprinkle Aveda Pure Abundance™ Hair Potion liberally through the length of the ponytail and tousle with fingers to create texture. Finish the look with Aveda Control Force™ Hair Spray.
MAC @ Erin Fetherston
“We wanted the girls to look like they had been running, flushed, glowing skin and stained lips.” – Lucia Pica
- Eyes: Lipstick in the Prowl (Available Fall 2010) – Washed over the eyelid with a MAC 217 brush for a shiny texture. Lip Conditioner (Tube) – Dabbed into the inner corner of the eye to highlight.
- Face: Careblends Essential Oil – Massaged into the skin. Mineralize All-Over Lotion and Studio Moisture Tint Foundation – Blended together and applied to the entire face for a dewy skin finish. Lipstick in Kittenish (Available Fall 2010) – Dabbed onto the cheeks with fingers and massaged along with the cheekbone.
- Lip: Lipstick in Kittenish (Available Fall 2010) – Sparingly Applied to the inner lip with the point of the lipstick.
Welcome to Free For Haul Fridays!
A play on Oh No They Didn’t’s “Free For All Fridays,” every Friday is Free For Haul Fridays! Friday is a day for fun — whether you’re already off enjoying your weekend or if you just need a way to get through til the end of the work day, FFH is here for you!
Share your latest beauty hauls! Once you’ve done that… say anything you’d like. Tell us about the greatest thing that happened to you this week, why your pet is the cutest, what you’re doing this weekend… whatever!
First, I’ll share mine!
OPI Hong Kong collection! I’m wickedly tired, but I had an amazing time hanging out with Karen from Purple Lab & the sweet folks at HSN for the past two days going behind-the-scenes at both HSN & on the Purple Lab set.
Now… have at it!