Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Eve Pearl is offering up some Gift With Purchase opportunities – she has a tiered promotion going on! You can check out my review on her lipglosses, but I’m also going to re-post my list of recommendations from earlier below, too
Use coupon code GWP0904 to get your gift with purchase! Just note that the promotion can’t be combined with any promotions, coupons, kits, etc.
- Salmon Concealer & Treatment ($35.00) — if you haven’t found your perfect concealer, try Eve’s. It’s using a different kind of color scheme (pink/peach) to hide your flaws compared to the more traditional concealers available.
- HD Dual Foundation ($54.00) — if you have ever had issues evening out your skin, get this! If you’ve found that foundations tend to accentuate any dryness or dry patches on your face, get this. I was suffering from acne breakouts/post-breakouts as well as a couple of dry patches (from using anti-acne treatments heavily), and this covered SO well without being heavy or noticeable.
- Priming Moisturizer ($28.00) — lightweight, emollient 2-in-1 moisturizer and primer product that *didn’t* break me out.
- Tri-Fold Eyebrow Razor ($8.00) — travel friendly and ultra compact, this is a great product to have on hand to quickly groom brows (or any pesky facial hair… hey, some of us have it, shh!).
- Baby Doll/Honey Bunny Lip Gloss Combo ($28.00) — double-ended gloss (and each section is removable for easy travel), but OMG, Honey Bunny is so pretty! It reminds me a lot of my famous Cle de Peau #2 Gloss. You know I gotta get any and all colors like it Her gloss is also mint-flavored, which I’ve never found in a gloss before.
- Blush Trio ($36.00) — three different shades, each compact features 2 matte colors and an illuminating bronzer.
- Eye Palette ($40.00) — four different palettes are available, each with six super smooth, pigmented colors.
- Smudgeproof Liquid Eyeliner ($26.00) — this is similar to MAC’s Penultimate Liner, but I like the brush tip/pen tip way better on this one (it’s easier to use, and it gives you more control).
- Kisses of Pearl Lip Gloss & Clutch Kit ($100.00) — hey, a deal? I can’t not bring it to your attention. All five of her lip glosses in a cute makeup clutch (which I have and love, very sleek!) for $20 a pop (instead of $28 each).
Get details on the Gifts With Purchase! Continue reading →
Row 1: Et Tu, Bouquet, Of Summer, Summer Rose
Row 2: A Rose Romance, Way To Love; Magnetique, Steal My Heart, Virgin Kiss
As promised, here are some sneak peek swatches for MAC’s A Rose Romance Collection!
Continue reading →
Tell us why/what you love, hate, or are indifferent about… HAIR SPRAY!
Magnetique**, Virgin Kiss, Steal My Heart
Here’s a little (okay, pretty big!) sneak peek at MAC’s Rose Romance! Enjoy! Swatches of these items will be posted a bit later.
See more product photos! Continue reading →
Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Shampoo & Conditioner ($24.00 each) are new and available only at Sephora. The shampoo helps remove product and dirt build-up while adding volume to your tresses. The set is also meant to work in conjunction with Oscar Blandi’s Pronto Dry Shampoo for those who are busy bees and can’t always find time to wash their hair (or just need an extra day or two between washes!). Both the shampoo and conditioner are scented with a lemony-citrus fragrance.
The conditioner helps to hydrate and detangle hair while also adding volume. It uses AquaFlex technology, which is a polymer that “coats the hair, delivering body, water-resistance, a non-sticky finish, and remarkable manageability for a magnificent mane—rain or shine.” Both products are formulated without GMO, parabens, petro-chemcials, phthalates, sulfates, or synthetic dyes. It also does not contain PPG, MEA, DEA, TEA, or formaldehyde donors. These products have also not been tested on animals.
My hair is pretty thick, so products that say “volume” tend not to work for me. I allow them to admit defeat with dignity, though, knowing that they had a very uphill battle when attempting to add volume to my hair. I did feel like my hair felt lighter, and it dried a little faster than usual when I let it air-dry. In terms of volume, I wouldn’t say my mane reached its full volumizing potential, but it did get a little boost that was nice for those days when I’m too lazy to style my hair (aka most of the time).
I’m actually a big fan of citrus-based scents, so the lemony fragrance didn’t bother me, though I’ve heard others mention it’s a bit too strong. I can’t tell you the same, as I liked it and was happy to have my shower smell like fresh squeezed lemons. The shampoo is more heavily scented than the conditioner based on my experience thus far, though.
Despite being sulfate-free, the Pronto Wet Shampoo does a great job of lathering up so I feel like I can get a good cleaning going on. I just find that without the lather, I’m not really sure where the product is getting, so I’m always worried I’m missing spots. I also think my hair eats shampoo/conditioner, so without the lather, it’s tough to get the product all over without using a ton.
My hair felt softer, healthier, and it had a really nice shine to it overall. I have to qualify my review a bit and let you know that my hair isn’t particularly fussy. It’s quite healthy on its own–as a result of rarely coloring or styling it–and no real texture or unruly problems like frizzy curls either. For those looking for more natural shampoo/conditioners, this is a good bet. The price isn’t too steep, because the bottles will last you several months (they’ll probably last me at least six months. And hey, if you like lemon, I think you might really like these!
Only at Sephora
Reader Elizabeth shares her the look she wore to prom with us today. She used…
- Clinique Perfectly Real Foundation in 36
- Clinique Stay Matte Pressed Powder to set
- MAC select moisturecover concealer in NW35
- Laura Geller’s Liquid Candlelight
- Cargo Gotham on top of Tarte Natural Beauty Cheek Stain.
- Victoria’s Secret Mosaic Luminous Bronzer applied lightly as contour.
- MAC Belightful Iridescent Powder.
- Victoria’s Secret Beauty Rush Gloss in The Big Apple
- Lancome Color Design Eyeshadow in Fabric
- MAC Juxt eyeshadow all over lid
- Mary Kay Eyeshadow in Rainforest on outer lid
- Urban Decay Oil Slick.
- Urban Decay’s Eyeshadow Transforming Potion
- MAC Electric Eel eyeshadow
- Sephora All Over Color in no0821 (pearly blue)
- Victoria’s Secret Gel Liner Duo in Black Satin/Extra Olive (the black side)
- Lancome Courbe Virtuose Mascara in Black.