I used two coats and there was some underlying streakiness in areas that were more visible in natural light than I expected–I photographed with two coats. I would recommend three coats for opaque, solid coverage. The formula seemed thin, too, which I imagine contributed to the lack of opacity in two coats as well as the streaky second coat. It doesn’t seem consistent with the rest of Butter London’s range (that I have tried, of course), so it was disappointing. I typically get a week of wear with Butter London’s formula with a proper base and top coat.
Welcome to Free For Haul Friday!
First, I’ll share mine!
Haul: I ordered some Inglot, but I won’t tell you what yet, because it’ll take me months to review it probably! You would be surprised how many projects are on my to-do list!
Weekend plans: Hoping for something drama-free with some quiet time
What’s on your cheeks: Nothing yet, it’s quite early here!
Keep adding your pet photos to the Temptalia Pets flickr group! 🙂
This week’s Mellan photo…
Mellan with his “girlfriend” Luna – pool party date! She wasn’t quite as keen on the pool as he was!
Neutrals with Smoldering Greens Look
If you’re wary to wear color, one of my favorite places to wear it is in the crease. You can go as heavy or as light as you want, but it often looks subtler because most of the time your eyes are open–so it just peeks out. I’m so anxious for final samples of Jealousy Wakes, because I want to swatch it against Black Emerald (which is definitely darker), but I think they could make a nice gradient of color.
You will need the following…
- Eyes: NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base (primer), Le Metier de Beaute Blonde Amber Eyeshadow (wheat gold), Le Metier de Beaute Bronze Topaz Eyeshadow (bronze), Le Metier de Beaute Black Emerald Eyeshadow (blackened emerald green), Make Up For Ever #20L Aqua Eyes Liner (forest green), Hourglass Film Noir Mascara (black)
- Face: Make Up For Ever HD Foundation (140), Guerlain Les Violettes Mineral Powder (03)
- Cheeks: theBalm Betty Lou-Manizer (golden bronze)
- Lips: Bobbi Brown Pink Tulle High Shimmer Lipgloss (multi-color shimmered coral)
- Brushes: 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 222 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pencil brush), 188 (small, circular stippling brush)
For eyes, start by applying Smudgeproof all over the lid and above the crease with the 242 to lay down your eyeshadow base. Layer Blonde Amber eyeshadow all over the lower lid with the 239. Then, apply Black Emerald eyeshadow into the outer crease, bringing it just over halfway into the crease with the 222. Next, apply Bronze Topaz eyeshadow lightly on the outer third of the lid with the 239. Apply Blonde Amber eyeshadow very lightly on the brow bone to highlight with the 239. Next, apply #20 liner on the lower lash line, and then smudge with Blonde Amber eyeshadow. Coat lashes with Film Noir mascara to finish the look.
For cheeks, apply Betty Lou-Manizer on the apples of the cheeks and sweep towards the temple with the 116.
For lips, apply Pink Tulle lipgloss for a complementing lip.
Check out more photos!
What’s the Best Products for Oily Skin…?
What brand/products win this category? What makes them so great for oily skin?