Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
Bobbi continues to be the “bridal authority” with this kit, designed exclusively for brides and her bridal party. Bridal set features the makeup basics for the bride, bridesmaid or mother of the bride to customize their look.
Bridal Kit Contains:
- Exclusive Ivory Eye Shadow
- Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner
- Black No Smudge Mascara
- Pink Sugar Shimmer Lip Gloss
- Short Handle Ultra Fine Eye Liner Brush
- White Cosmetic Case
On Counter: April 2008
Suggested Retail Price: $75.00
Bobbi Brown’s Top 10 Weddding Day Tips
- Flash photography emphasizes pink tones, so be sure to even out skin with a yellow-toned foundation. Start
around the nose and mouth where there’s redness, then blend out to the
rest of the face.
- Set concealer and foundation with Sheer Finish Loose Powder to make them longer-lasting and to ensure that
skin looks matte in pictures.
- If your dress has an open neckline, be sure to warm up your neck and chest with a dusting of Bronzing Powder.
- Use a water-resistant liner that can withstand tears; try Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner applied with the Ultra Fine
Eye Liner Brush. If you prefer to line with shadow, make it longer-lasting by applying it with a slightly damp
Eye Liner Brush. Finish with a waterresistant mascara like Lash Glamour.
- After applying all your eye makeup, finish with a highlighter shade on the browbone to make eyes pop. Rub your finger in a light matte shade and pat lightly on the outer corner of the browbone.
- For a pretty flush that lasts, use two shades of Blush. First, apply a neutral shade on the apples of cheeks, blending up into the hairline, then downwards to soften. Then apply a brighter shade just on the apples of cheeks.
- Neutral and pale lip colors look washed out in photographs, so choose a lipstick that’s one to two shades brighter than what you normally wear. Pinks, roses and plums are great choices for brides.
- To make Lip Color last longer, line and fill in lips with Lip Pencil before applying your lipstick.
- Carry a touch-up kit with concealer, pressed powder, lipstick or gloss, lip liner, tissues, mints, and a mini sewing kit (for emergency clothing fixes like a dropped hem or popped button).
- Have Fun!
Pre-Wedding Wellness Tips
- Eat smart. Choose whole grains, fresh greens and fruits, and clean proteins like chicken, fish, and beans.
- Hydrate. Drink lots of water daily to hydrate skin and flush out toxins.
- Move Your Body. Exercise at least three times a week to strengthen your body and calm your mind.
- Take Relaxing Baths. Add soothing Epsom salts or skin-softening powdered milk to your bathwater.
- Be Present. Slow down and appreciate what’s around you rather than rushing to get from start to finish.
Wedding Day Touch-Up Tips
- Pack your purse with concealer, pressed powder, lipstick or gloss, lip liner, tissues, and mints.
- Sewing kit with prethreaded needles and a pair of tiny fold-up scissors to fix a hem or popped button.
- Static spray and lint remover to get rid of static cling and lint on clothing.
- Prewrapped wipes to remove makeup and food stains.
Dior Beauty was responsible for Miley Cyrus, Keri Russell, Laura Linney, and Cameron Diaz’s Red Carpet looks at Oscar night this year.
Teen phenom (and first-time presenter) Miley Cyrus wowed in a crimson gown and fresh makeup thanks to Dior International Celebrity Makeup Artist Pati Dubroff.
“I was inspired by Miley’s radiant youth. It was all about glowing, gorgeous skin with flushed cheeks and a popsicle-stained mouth. Then for the Oscar glam part-tons of black mascara first and then blue mascara to top it off! The final touch was some ‘fairy dust’ glitter-she’s a Disney princess come to life!”
- Eyes: DiorShow Mascara in Black and Blue, 1-Colour Eyeshadow in Icy White
- Cheeks: Benetint by Benefit, Glitter by Makeup Forever
- Lips: Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in Flamenco Red
Presenter Keri Russell (“Waitress” and “August Rush”) showed off her delicate beauty in a stunning neutral gown and makeup to match. Celebrity Makeup Artist Mai Quynh said she was inspired by Russell’s “putty-colored dress.”
“I wanted the look to be ethereal and organic, like her dress and hair.”
- Eyes: DiorShow Mascara in Black
- Cheeks: DiorShow Powder in Hip Peach
- Lips: DiorKiss in Hazelnut Lychee
Laura Linney (nominated for her role in “The Savages”) was as classy and sophisticated as ever thanks to Celebrity Makeup Artist Kristofer Buckle.
“It’s about simplistic, manicured beauty, very anti-trend,” said Buckle of the look. “Laura is a strong, accomplished woman so I wanted the makeup to be all about her and enhancing her natural beauty!”
- Eyes: DiorShow Blackout Mascara
- Lips: Dior Addict High Shine Lipstick in Casual Beige #222
- Face: DiorSkin Forever Foundation
Cameron Diaz dazzled in a blush pink strapless Dior gown and natural makeup. Use the following Dior Beauty products to achieve Cameron’s understated look:
- Eyes: 5-Colour Eyeshadow in Incognito
- Lips: Rouge Dior Lipstick in Academy Beige
- Cheeks: Dior Flower Blossom palette
- Face: Dior Blotting Papers and DiorShow Powder in 004.
Thanks to Kiss and Makeup for this story update and photos:
You can choose to use the mousse or the leg oil, and there’s even a buffng brush to create a golden glow. You can choose from Medium Sheer which is a soft golden caramel with soft gold nuances or Medium Dark Sheer which is soft bronze with golden tan pearl.
Remember when we saw Dazzleglasses available on eBay? Well, I purchased several of them out of curiosity, and while they seem legitimate, there is no way for me to know for sure quite yet. The packaging is new, which was expected of Dazzleglass (launching in May), so it’s even more difficult to determine if these are the real deal. As a result, I’ve been sitting on these swatches for nearly a month now, and I figured I’d share them as long as I disclaim that these may NOT be real. Since there’s that chance, I also am not going to be doing a full review until much later, when they actually launch.
Kiss and Makeup revealed official color information…
Comet Blue Violet blue
Funtabulous Purple with violet pearl
Ms. Fizz Bright pink with blue pearl
Like Venus Clean light bubble gum pink with red pearl
Baby Sparks Pale pink with violet pearl
Money Honey Mid-tone rosy mauve with red pearl
Rags to Riches Plumy pink with teal and red pearl
Date Night Deep plum with blue and gold pearl
Spanking Rich Raspberry pink with red and gold pearl
Get Rich Quick Warm yellow brown
Bare Necessity Caramel apricot with red and gold pearl
Steppin’ Out Clean yellow pink with red pearl
Glamour O.D. Bright coral red with red pearl
Suugarrimmed Milky pale pink with red, teal and white pearl
Pleasure Principle Clear white violet, teal and white pearl
Love Alert Raspberry red with red pearl
Looks like the eBay Dazzleglasses are dead on for the names AND color descriptions! This is good news and definitely adds to the PRO column for legitimacy!
I will give you a quick rundown of the texture/finish/overview of these, though! They are less sticky than lipglasses, but a little more sticky than lustreglasses. For those hoping for a non-tacky gloss, this is definitely not an answer to you. They are all sheer colors, so don’t expect a lot of opacity or color, especially for those with pigmented lips. There is a good deal of shimmer in each gloss, and the finish is a high, glossy sheen.
Continue reading →
Change is a sure thing, especially when it comes to a woman’s skin. But at different stages in a woman’s life, her skin needs different care. That’s why the experts at Curél Skin Care developed the Life’s Stages Collection – the first and only line of moisturizers designed to help women address the changing needs of their skin.
Stage #1 – Pregnancy & Motherhood
- Skin Problems: tight, itchy, dry, sensitive skin, stretch marks.
- Problem Solver: Curél nurturing comfort; Moisture Cream for pregnancy & motherhood
- How it Helps: Dermatologist and Curél Consultant, Dr. Diane Berson says, ” It helps improve skin’s elasticity and alleviates dryness via a paraben and mineral oil-free formula containing shea butter, Vitamin E, collagen and elastin. It increases skin’s elasticity 70% better than the leading pregnancy cream.”
Stage #2 – First Signs of Aging
- Skin Problems: rough, dry, discolored, dull, and transparent, loss of elasticity, wrinkles
- Problem Solver: Curél youth-defense; Moisture Lotion for the first signs of aging
- How it Helps: ” It replenishes essential building blocks found in naturally young, healthy skin and increases skin’s moisture level via a blend of skin hydrators, Vitamins C & E and collagen,” says OB/GYN and Curél Consultant, Dr. Miriam Greene. “It also contains sage to reduce redness and irritation.”
Stage #3 -é Menopause and Beyond
- Skin Problems: hot, dry, itchy skin, loss of elasticity
- Problem Solver: Curél skin fortifying Moisture Lotion for menopause & beyond
- How it Helps: “It helps maintain skin’s elasticity, making it soft and supple via a blend of elastin and collagen, grape seed extract known to inhibit collagen loss,” says Dr. Berson.
“It also has a gentile cooling agent and a special blend of emollients designed to increase skin elasticity, maintain hydration, and improve the appearance of dry skin,” adds Dr. Greene.
Availability: The moisturizers in the Life’s Stages Collection are each sold separately. They will be available at drugstores nationwide beginning in March 2008 for $5.49.
What do you think of this concept? I’m not sure if I’m going to try it yet, because I’m not sure if I’m in the stage of “first signs of aging,” you know? I suppose I am in some fashion, but not visibly to a degree where I feel any product could counteract it. I do like that price, though
Would you ever pay more than $100 for a skin cream? If you found a skin cream that worked well for you (obviously you wouldn’t spend $100 for something that didn’t work!), would you dole out the cash for it? Would you succumb to pricey creams if they worked for you? What would a $100+ cream need to do for you in order to buy it?
For me, I want visible signs of SOMETHING GOOD, whether that’s increased luminosity, skin health, reduced acne, etc. Since I’m not exactly aging very much, it’s hard for me to really tell when a cream hits home on the anti-aging, wrinkle-reduction/prevention front, but if I could see it? That’d be GOLDEN!