Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
MAC Colour Ready has launched online this morning, and it will launch in-stores on Thursday, April 2nd. Colour Ready featured permanent color products as well as three new additions to the Prep + Prime line. All new products to the Prep + Prime line are permanent, so don’t fear!
What are you looking forward to from Colour Ready? Are you skipping it and waiting for Rose Romance?
What do you think of false eyelashes? Love ‘em? Too much?
I like them sometimes, but I wish I could apply them! No matter what trick or tip I use, it just takes me way too long to get one on. I really don’t have enough time on my hands where I can spend the time practicing either!
MAC Graphic Garden, Colour Craft, & A Rose Romance Tidbits
Last month, we revealed a sexy little quad exclusive to Nordstrom as part of the MAC Rose Romance. Thanks to Adina of Krasey Beautiful, we have the details on the colors!
- Solar White Golden white (Frost) (Repromote)
- Contrast Dark purple/blue (Velvet) (Permanent)
- Seeds of Love frosted peach (Frost)
- Petal Worship Light, blue-based pink (Frost)
She also shared a few tidbits about MAC Graphic Garden, which will be this year’s Nordstrom Anniversary Collection, and it will include several palettes, kits, and sets. This launch is slated for July 2009 (the typical timing for Nordstrom’s Anniversary).
Additionally, MAC Colour Craft will anniversarize last year’s Mineralize Collection. It features a variety of mineralize blushes, mineralize eyeshadows, and mineralize skinfinishes–of which it looks like we’ll be seeing six, with Porcelain Pink as the only repromote.
Temptalia is nominated for best beauty publisher in Glam’s Network Awards!
If you love us, show your support for the blog by casting your vote! (It’s reader-based, so your votes are what matter!)
B-Girlz, Laced Up, Sneakerhead
China Glaze’s Kicks Collection includes two sets of six nail lacquers for a total of twelve summery shades for your toes and fingers. The collection will be available later this April in both salons and beauty supply stores nationwide–it’s available at 8ty8beauty.com right now if you gotta have your fix.. Each polish retails for $6.50.
Kicks Part 2 Includes:
- B-Girlz is a subtly shimmery hot pink with fuchsia shimmer bits. It definitely screams SUMMER! I think I’d wear this more on my toes than fingers, but I think they’d look hot with some black flip flops.
- Laced Up is a creamy, hot pink. It’s very “Barbie pink” to me, but I do appreciate the brightness to it, which is often forgotten in a true “Barbie pink.”
- Sneakerhead is a creamy, opaque cherry-red. China Glaze describes this shade as a “cherry jubilee,” and I think that’s the perfect description for this shade.
- Oh How Sweet is a deep, creamy orange. It reminds me of lava in a way, because it is so intense and fiery.
- Style Wars is a slightly less red version of Oh How Sweet. It’s a medium to deep orange cream. I wish it wasn’t quite as close to Oh How Sweet, though.
- Breakin’ is a shimmery mango-orange that reflects amazingly in the sun. The way the light hits it makes it look almost molten.
My Top Picks: Sneakerhead, Breakin’
Check out photos and swatches of these six new shades! Continue reading →
Entourage, Paper Chasing, Custom Kicks
China Glaze’s Kicks Collection debuts this April, in addition to their Summer Days Collection, and it’s all about celebrating Sneakerheads. Twelve lacquers from lime green to cherry red are included in this summer launch, with each lacquer retailing for $6.50 a pop. It’s available at 8ty8beauty.com right now if you gotta have your fix.
There are two “parts”, each consisting of six colors. This post includes reviews of the first six, as well as swatches and images for the same. Look for a second post featuring the next six to follow!
Kicks Part 1 Includes:
- Entourage is a vibrant lime green–it’s very much what I think of when someone says “lime green.” It’s not quite neon, and it’s actually not as bright as it could be, which is a good thing. I guess it’s kind of the like the interior of a lime, not the rind itself. I love the subtle shimmer that reflects in the light.
- Paper Chasing is a deeper, vibrant lime green–this is much more like the rind of a lime than Entourage. It has lots of shimmer in it, and it’s a bright color for summer.
- Custom Kicks is described as a “dusty teal,” and I’d say that’s not a bad description. It’s a medium teal with gold flecks of shimmer. The gold shimmer lightly dusted in the polish is what makes this polish stand out. I find it leans more as a blue-teal than a green-teal.
- Sky High-Top is a periwinkle blue; it’s cool-toned with blue/silver shimmer in a blue base with some violet to it. It’s very pretty, and it reminds me of ultra blue summer skies.
- Fly is a fuchsia-purle shimmer shade that’s not fully expected in the collection, but it is a welcomed color. It’s deeper without being vampy, and it has just enough color to be bright without being over the top.
- It’s Poppin is a hot, shimmery pink with a little kick of red tones to it. It doesn’t seem like it runs too cool or warm, which makes it wearable by more people. It’s a pretty bright shade, though!
My Top Picks: Entourage, Custom Kicks, Sky High-Top
See swatches and photos of China Glaze’s Kicks Collection! Continue reading →