Have you joined MyTemptalia yet? Register
and start having fun today!
If you were using MAC Glamour Check Eyeshadow?, what look would you create with it?
What shadows would you use? What would you use on cheeks? Anything added to the lips? Create a look using whatever you want, as long as you include today’s look book product!
Did you come up with a look you’d like to share featuring today’s product? You can link to your images, embed your images using HTML, or you can submit your images via e-mail to share them with readers to help give them inspiration on how to use the product!
More Natural Makeup with MAC Warm & Cozy
Here’s another simple look I did with Warm & Cozy. There’s really not much to it! I just wanted something easy, functional, and neutral. I thought about wearing By Candlelight in this look, but MAC’s mineralize products tend to break me out, so I didn’t want to risk it over the holidays. I just went with my new favorite Sugarbomb instead!
You will need the following…
- Eyes: MAC Nurture Shadestick (soft pink), MAC Chamomile Eyeshadow (soft off-white), MAC Expensive Pink Eyeshadow (dirty pink), MAC Modelette Eyeshadow (soft medium brown), MAC Mulled Cider Eyeshadow (medium dark reddish brown), Urban Decay Underground 24/7 Liner (brown), Dior DiorShow Extase Macara (black)
- Cheeks: Benefit Sugarbomb Powder (peachy pink)
- Lips: MAC Warm Me Up Lipstick (medium, yellowed pink), MAC D’Nouveau Lipgloss (plum)
- Brushes: 266 (firm, angled brush), 226 (fluffy crease brush), 219 (pointed crease brush), 214 (smudge brush), 249 (flat, firm brush), 239 (fluffy shadow brush), 129 (dense blush brush)
- Substitutes: Nurture = Fresco Rose, Chamomile = Blanc Type; Modelette = Era; Mulled Cider = Folie; Comfort = bronzer; Warm Me Up = Cosmo; D’Nouveau = Star Nova
Directions: Start by applying MAC Nurture shadestick as your eyeshadow base all over the lid with the 249. Using the 239, apply Chamomile eyeshadow on the inner third of the eyelid. Next, apply Expensive Pink eyeshadow on the middle third of the eyelid and lightly blend with the inner corner. Darken the outer third of the lid with Modelette eyeshadow with the 239, gently brushing it into the lower crease. Next, define the crease by applying Mulled Cider eyeshadow with the 226. Lightly tap and brush Modelette eyeshadow directly above the crease to soften. To finish the eyeshadow look, sweep Chamomile eyeshadow as a highlighter on the brow bone. Bring everything together by applying Urban Decay Underground Liner on the lower lash line, and then sweeping lashes with Dior DiorShow Extase mascara.
For cheeks, apply Benefit Sugarbomb powder to the apples of cheeks with the 116.
For lips, apply Warm Me Up lipstick first, and then layer D’Nouveau lipgloss for soft, neutral lips.
Listed below (left to right, row by row)
Scarlet Season: Orange -Based Reds Round-up
I’m surprised (and quite happy about it!) that we covered nearly as many orange-based reds as blue-based reds. I just feel like we ended up with a very well-rounded bunch of reds we were able to feature over the past three months, which is such a good thing. It means I was able to tested out numerous shades and variations, but it also means that everyone was able to see that variety, too!
I’m not too keen on orange-reds on myself, but my favorites on myself were Dolce & Gabbana Sheer, Guerlain Geisha, La Prairie Rouge Clair, MAC Rockocco, and Urban Decay Revolution. My absolute favorites in terms of formula and application overall (whether or not I liked it on me) were Giorgio Armani #401, Chanel Coromandel, Dolce & Gabbana Fire, La Prairie Rouge Clair, and Urban Decay Revolution–they just applied effortlessly and looked it.
Which were your favorites?
- Row 1: Giorgio Armani #401 Rouge d’Armani Lipstick ($30.00), Cargo Cherry Bliss Lipstick ($20.00), Chanel Audace Rouge Allure Lipstick ($30.00)
- Row 2: Chanel Coromandel Rouge Allure Laque ($32.00), ($30.00), Dolce & Gabbana Fire LipstickDolce & Gabbana Sheer Lipstick ($30.00)
- Row 3: Guerlain Geisha Lipstick ($45.00), Illamasqua Encounter Lipstick ($20.00), Lancome Absolute Rouge Lipstick ($29.00)
- Row 4: Lancome Red and Sensual Java Lipstick ($25.00), Lancome Retro Rouge Lipstick ($29.00), La Prairie Rouge Clair Lipstick ($55.00)
- Row 5: MAC Rockocco Lipstick ($14.00), Rimmel Alarm Lipstick ($5.19), Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick ($22.00)
What’s your go to lipgloss for everyday wear? Share your picks!
Oh, that’s tough. I’d say lately it’s be Cle de Peau Gloss #2!
Going Gray? Chanel Particuliere Nail Lacquer
Last week, I reviewed the majority of Chanel’s Spring collection, which includes three new nail lacquers, but I only reviewed Inattendu and Tendresse and was missing Particuliere ($23.00), which is easily the more interesting shade of the three (Inattendu is a beige-y nude while Tendresse is a soft, milky medium pink). Chanel describes it simply as grey, which I think is just a little inaccurate.
This is much more of a grayed taupe, because it has definite brown tones to it. It’s certainly not a rainy gray kind of color, though. The brown does warm-up the shade, though, and it’s something I could see myself wearing. It’s dark enough not to be pastel or light or traditionally spring, but it’s not so dark that it makes you feel like fall. This applied and looked better than the other two shades, though (count me surprised!) — it was very creamy, smooth, and went opaque in two coats.
I’d say that Chanel has made other colors more worthy of the $23 splurge, but I do like this one quite a bit. (Even for high-end, Chanel’s nail lacquers are quite pricey, particularly compared to brands like Dior.) I imagine OPI’s You Don’t Know Jacques is somewhat similar (I don’t own it, so I’m just going off of swatches I’ve seen).
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ!
- Product: 28/30
- Value: 6/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
Recommendation: If you’re feeling like a splurge, Chanel nail lacquer certainly qualifies as one!
Availability: Nordstrom, Saks
20% off MAC Holiday Gift Sets @ Nordstrom
Head on over to Nordstrom’s Beauty Sale — save 15 to 30% off your favorite gift sets… including MAC HOLIDAY GIFT SETS! (20% off those!)