NYFW S/S ’10: MAC @ Baby Phat, Malandrino, Rodarte
MAC @ Baby Phat
“A summer trip to Moracco in 1972. Dark, sexy and glamorous.” — James Kaliardos
Get the Look
- EYE: Waveline Fluidline Eye Liner – applied to the eye lid in an elongated winged shape and under the eye as a base . Deep Truth Frost Eye Shadow and Fly-by-Blu Pearlglide Eye Liner layered over to add colour and sparkle. Blacktrack Fluidline – applied to darken the crease. Light Violet Crushed Metal Pigment – brushed into the inner corners of the eye. Light Beige Crushed Metal Pigment – to highlight the brow bone. Blackdazzle Dazzlelash – swept through eyelashes. 44 lash – applied to exaggerate the eye.
- FACE: Mineralize SPF 15 Foundation – to prep the skin. Florida and Joie de Vivre Cremeblushes – to contour and tan the skin. Crushed Metal Pigment in Dark Pink – to highlight the high planes of the cheek.
- LIP: Love Nectar Lustreglass – brushed onto lips for a sparkly, peach lip.
See breakdowns for Malandrino and Rodarte…
MAC @ Malandrino
“Ethnic, tribal, dese rt sungirls. A rough, des troyed look – inspired by Sudanese clans, Peruvian tribes, Saharan nomads and Polynes ian natives.” – Tom Pecheux
Get the Look
- EYE: Feline Eye Liner – dotted across, then smudged across lash line and onto lid with fingertips. Plushblack Mascara – brushed through eye lashes and smudged through upper and lower lash lines and onto lid for a messy look, then reapplied and coated through eye lashes to finish.
- FACE: Studio Sculpt Foundation – applied for a light coverage. Studio Fix Moisturizer – layered on top of foundation to sheer out skin. Mineralize SkinFinish in Medium, Dark and Dee p Dark – dusted onto apples of cheeks and all over face to set and slightly colour.
- LIP: Chestnut Lip Liner – rubbed onto lips with fingertips. Kid Eye Shadow – dusted on top to create a matte finish.
MAC @ Rodarte
“Tough beauty coming out of an Edgar Allen Poe poem. A mix be twee n gang girls of early LA and condors – terrifying but devastatingly beautiful.” — James Kaliardos
Get the Look
- EYE: Bone Beige Sculpting Powder – brushed into socket and under eye to slightly contour. Eyelashes curled. No mascara.
- FACE: Face and Body Foundation – applied to skin for a transparent, matte finish. Accentuate Sculpting Powder – used to contour cheeks slightly.
- LIP: Beet Lip Pencil – applied to center of lips for a reddish-wine stain. Black Lip Mix and Fast Response Eye Cream – mixed and precisely outlined around Bee t Lip Pencil for a soft-edged, transparent and full lip.