Build a Quad: “Sunset Style”
There’s one look that I do often, even if the shades themselves are interchangeable, and it’s what I’d call a “sunset eye.” Like it sounds, it includes the colors you might see in a sunset: bright yellows, fiery oranges, coppers, and reds.
This quad includes: MAC Goldmine eyeshadow (bright, true yellow gold), MAC Coppering eyeshadow (a coppery-red bronze), MAC Passionate eyeshadow (matte deep fuchsia-pink), and MAC Rule eyeshadow (a matte lightly burnt orange). If you wanted a more autumnal quad, you could easily swap out Passionate for MAC Antiqued eyeshadow, as well.
A few combinations to try with this…
- Goldmine all over the lid, Rule on the outer lid, Coppering in the crease
- Goldmine on the inner third of the lid, Rule on the middle of the lid, Passionate on the outer lid, Coppering in the crease
- Rule on the inner half of the lid, Passionate on the outer lid, Coppering in the crease
- Goldmine all over the lid, Passionate on the outer lid, Coppering in the crease
A few looks I’ve done that can be replicated with these shades…
- Easy Gold & Orange Holiday Eye
- Frosty Coppery Bronze
- Gold & Copper Sunset
- Gold & Cranberry Look
- Christmas-themed Eyes
- Orange & Pink Look
Build a Quad is a feature focusing on creating different eyeshadow palettes that are both beautiful and functional using permanent shades of eyeshadow. We invite readers to suggest their own build-a-quads — just leave your ideas in the comments! Don’t forget to name your quad!
Goldmine, Rule, Coppering, Passionate, Antiqued