Olive Green Eyeliners: MAC Black Karat, MAC Black Line, MAC Buried Treasure,
MAC Rosemary & Thyme, MAC Uniform, MUFE #5L, Stila Moray, shu uemura ME Khaki 09,
UD Stash, bareMinerals 10AM, TT Sparkling Ammunition, Chanel Khaki Dore,
Shiseido Black Sand, BB Hunter, D&G Stromboli
Olive Green Eyeliners: Your Guide
You might think that the color I have the most shades for is olive green, but you would be wrong, even though there are quite a few! The nice thing here is that we have more than a few dupes/similarities. I like that, because then you can select based on what formula works best for you and still get the shade you want.
- MAC Black Karat is a brownish-black with an olive-brown tone and gold shimmer. (LE)
- MAC Black Line is a black with brown undertones and an olive green shimmer. (LE)
- MAC Buried Treasure is a cool-toned brown with olive green shimmer. It is a little darker than MAC Uniform.
- MAC Rosemary & Thyme is a light-medium olive green with green shimmer. It is similar to MUFE #5L (darker) and shu uemura ME Khaki 09 (less sparkle).
- MAC Uniform is a cool-toned brown with olive gold shimmer. It is slightly lighter than MAC Buried Treasure.
- Make Up For Ever #5L is an olive green with a soft sheen. It is a touch darker than MAC Rosemary & Thyme and shu uemura ME Khaki 09.
- Stila Moray is a darkened olive green with an olive brown shimmer/sheen. It is a bit greener compared to UD Stash but not as green as bareMinerals 10AM.
- shu uemura ME Khaki 09 is a warm olive green with brown undertones. It is a touch darker than MAC Rosemary & Thyme but lighter than MUFE #5L.
- Urban Decay Stash is a darkened olive green with a subtle sheen. It is browner than Stila Moray and bareMinerals 10AM.
- bareMinerals 10AM is an olive green with strong green pigmentation compared to the other shades here. It is greener than Stila Moray, UD Stash, and TT Sparkling Ammunition.
- Tarina Tarantino Sparkling Ammunition is a darkened olive green with subtle shimmer. It is a bit lighter than Stila Moray but greener than UD Stash and browner than bareMinerals 10AM.
- Chanel Khaki Dore is a warm-toned, olive brown with gold sheen.
- Shiseido Black Sand is a green-tinged black with gold shimmer.
- Bobbi Brown Hunter is a green-tinged black–against all these other eyeliners, it is so, so dark.
- Dolce & Gabbana Stromboli is a deep black with olive shimmer.
TEMPTALIA PICKS: #6 (quality, pigmentation), #7 (pigmentation), #9 (longevity, quality), #11 (quality, pigmentation)
Behind-the-Series: It was my intention to provide heavy, opaque swatches to provide an accurate color comparison. Some eyeliners required one pass, some required five, and a few even more. When possible, the shade name (above) is linked to the original review so you can read more about the quality, wear, etc. of a particular eyeliner. If we’ve never done a review, there will be no link. Shades that were limited edition will be marked with “(LE)” and shades that were discontinued will be marked with “(DC)” after the color description. You can also find all comparisons on The Dupe List.