Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows: #22E, 24E, 26E, 28E, 30E, 32E
Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows #22E, 24E, 26E, 28E, 30E, 32E
Please see my first post on the Aqua Shadows for a detailed review, along with photos, of texture, consistency, wear, and so forth. This post is specifically looking at the seven shimmer finish Make Up For Ever Aqua Shadows ($20.00 for 0.14 oz.). Because of the shimmery finish, these are just slightly drier, but as a result, they also wear really well alone over bare lids, over primer, and as a base with powder eyeshadows on top.
The only shade I had real trouble with was #32E, which has the driest consistency of the seven shades, and this translated to uneven color during application, so it didn’t work well as an eyeshadow base and looked like my lids were flaking when used alone. If they had a smidgen more creaminess to the texture or if #32E was more like the rest, these would have been an A- product, but they’re a really high B+ (89%).
- #20E is a soft bronzy taupe–it’s just slightly taupe. The color payoff is good in a single pass. It’s much lighter compared to Urban Decay’s Rehab and Urban Decay Underground.
- #22E is a warm coppery brown with a subtly metallic finish. It is the least shimmery of the seven shimmery shades. The color payoff is really good, too. Urban Decay Lucky is a bit darker.
- #24E is a warm, yellow-toned light-medium pink with a shimmery finish. The color payoff is just so-so, but it is a bit buildable. I couldn’t think of a dupe for this shade.
- #26E is a warm tangerine orange with a shimmery finish. It has good color payoff in a single stroke.
- #28E is a warm medium brown with a subtle champagne sheen. The pigmentation is good overall. It’s lighter than Urban Decay Sin and more copper-based.
- #30E is a soft champagne beige with a shimmered finish. The pigmentation is good, but it is a little drier texture compared to the other shades in this post. Urban Decay Sin is very similar to this.
- #32E is a pale white gold with a near metallic finish. This had so-so color payoff, but I found it really uneven during application and rather dry. It’s not quite as yellow as MAC Gilded White. It’s lighter than Benefit Tattle Tale.