MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencils
MAC Styledriven: Pro Longwear Lip Pencils (Part 2)
MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil ($18.00 for 0.04 oz.) is supposed to glide-on and “adhere instantly” with “rich, saturated color.” Unlike the other new Pro Longwear formulas, the description didn’t call out a specific wear time–it says that it will “[prolong] the hours between re-application” and transfer-proof. There are ten shades releasing in this new formula (part of Styledriven), all of which are permanent. This post features these five: More to Love (intense bluish pink), Morning Coffee (mid-tone rose), Nice ‘n’ Spicy (pink cinnamon stick), Staunchly Stylish (pinky beige), and What a Blast! (bright orange).
- More to Love is a bright fuchsia pink with most opaque color coverage and blue undertones. It has a very subtle frosted finish but reads more matte to me. It’s not as bright as MAC Rare Exotic or NARS Carthage. It is similar to Illamasqua Welt but pinker.
- Morning Coffee is a rosy peach-brown with a hint of shimmer. I found this one to be less pigmented than the rest, so it was more difficult to get even and opaque color coverage on the lips. It reminded me of MAC For Keeps. It is a little browner than MAC One of a Kind.
- Nice ‘n’ Spicy is a medium-dark brown with warmer, almost peach undertones in a matte finish. It had nice pigmentation and covered evenly and opaquely on the lips. It’s not as orange as MAC Touch.
- Staunchly Stylish is a soft rosy brown. It’s very slightly lighter and more beige compared to Morning Coffee, but this shade had better pigmentation. It reminds me a bit of Guerlain Grace.
- What a Blast! is a brightened orange with a mostly matte finish. The pigmentation is good, so it goes on opaque and evenly. It is similar to MAC Morange, MAC Neon Orange, and MAC Good to Go.
For more on how these wear, please read part one.