Dazzle Lipstick: Naughty You, Smash Hit, Snazzy, Sweet Bits, Troublemaker, Wham, Win-Win
MAC Dazzle Lipstick for the Glitter Lovers
Check out part one for details on the formula!
Dazzle Lipstick ($14.00 U.S. / $16.50 CDN)
- Naughty You is a semi-opaque brightened medium pink with fuchsia glitter. It’s a brighter, less cool-toned version of Troublemaker. The application went on pretty even, and the glitter seemed to stay in place for the most part.
- Smash Hit is a sheer beige-gold with darkened gold glitter. It’s a warmer version of Liquid Lurex. Since it’s rather sheer, the glittery bits are more noticeable and thus look gritty rather than smooth (but again, it doesn’t feel gritty). I’d use this layered underneath a lipgloss.
- Snazzy is a semi-opaque, red plum with fuchsia-purple glitter. This is one of the most pigmented shades of the thirteen dazzle lipsticks. It has a nice level of color coverage and is also the most wearable, because it’s glittery without being metallic.
- Sweet Bits is a semi-sheer grayish lilac with multi-color glitter. It’s kind of like Vex eyeshadow in lipstick form. I find this color a little hard to wear on its own, so it’s definitely more of a layering shade. It also has a tendency to look gritty (but it doesn’t feel that way) and has a decent amount of slip-slide with the glitter, so it may look uneven.
- Troublemaker is a semi-opaque, darkened red-pink with fuchsia glitter. It’s a darker, more opaque version of Naughty You. I had a lot of slipping with this shade–I definitely had to be careful not to press my lips together or else the color and glitter seemed to smear around and look uneven.
- Wham is a red-brown with gold and copper glitter. This one also had a fair amount of slipping when I pressed my lips together–so be careful should you choose this shade.
- Win-Win is a light baby pink with blue undertones and lilac glitter. It’s very cool-toned and almost veers on a lilac pink or a milky pink. It’s very sheer, so it’s better layered with another product than alone, if only because it looks more obvious that you’re wearing glitter with it by itself.
If you want to know more about how products are evaluated, read out Rating System FAQ! 🙂
- Product: 25/30
- Value: 8/10
- Ease of Use: 4/5
- Packaging: 4/5
RECOMMENDATION: I like the concept, just because it is fun and different from other lipsticks I have. I did find that some of the glitter can slip-slide and end up looking rather uneven on lips if you’re not careful about application. It’s not a big deal, because you just have to make yourself conscious of it.